Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Least Original Amiga Game Ever ?  (Read 1308 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fizTopic starter

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
Least Original Amiga Game Ever ?
« on: March 10, 2011, 01:41:47 PM »
Has anyone here seen/played the old shareware game Quik'nSilva ? I remember seeing reviews of it in the pd sections of a few majot amiga magazines of the day and always wanted to play it. Looked quite nice in screenshots. After now just having played it, I think I can accurately call it the least original game ever on the Amiga  :) Not to say its bad. For a pd game its quite decent, but pretty much everything has been taken from elsewhere to a degree I dont think Ive ever seen outside of a remake :) Where this differs though is that it takes its graphics and sounds from different sources. Turrican features pretty heavily, both in sounds and graphics, but I also spotted stuff from Giana Sisters, Hard 'n Heavy, Sonic, Mario, Bubble Bobble, and probably a few others Ive forgotten.
To be honest spotting the inspirations was more interesting than the gameplay itself after a few levels (it's generic platformer personified)   :)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
Re: Least Original Amiga Game Ever ?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:53:53 PM »
Back in Denmark, there was a company putting out veeeery discount games, for the equivalent of like 5 dollars.

One of them was a shoot em up construction kit game, with the sprites made to look like alien breed 2.

Of course, they did everything possible to make it sound klike alien breed on the cover too :)

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 05:46:46 PM »
I can't recall all the various games, but I know a ton of them feature many of the same sounds as each other. Explosions from Fire Power for example. That particular sample made its way into dozens of commerically released and PD software.  :lol:

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 06:35:45 PM »
Any game that is a port of another game is unoriginal ;)