Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Blizzard ppc 603e os3.9 memory setup trouble :(  (Read 2244 times)

Description:

Blizzard ppc 603e os3.9 memory setup trouble :(
« on: November 19, 2002, 05:33:00 PM »
Hello to all

Happy to see the site online again i was scared to wait to long before be able to realt find back the amiga community :) .
Next month i will make litle donation :)
I have a problem with my valubale blizzard ppc 603e card :(((
i have installed 2x 32 mo edo on the card and it work very good os 3.9 load etc but the problem is that i never show the memory it continue to work like it was only a 8mo memory :(( .

What doe that mean now i have installed a network card pmcia and it work great but any software i open to go in the internet i get system error due thati have no more memory free :((( .

But where is memory ?? doe i need to make a special setup in the os to let me have the memroy fully avaible ??
I run os 3.9 with warpos and miami tcp .

Thank you very much for all people that will read this post

Later
Oliver
 :-)

Offline Ryu

• Show only replies by Ryu
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com
Re: Blizzard ppc 603e os3.9 memory setup trouble :(
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 06:37:33 PM »
All I can thing of to suggest is you goto the early menu of your BPPC card (hold down escape on bootup) and goto the mem config and set it as 70ns, hopefully that will help. Other than that are you sure the simms you are using are really 32mb's and they work fine on another machine?
Yours
Darren aka Ryu
-----------------------------
www.IntuitionBase.com
My Amiga 1200 webserver

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002, 10:29:38 PM »
Hello

Yes i am sure that they are working and i have try what you say that change nothing .
So i have unmount one of the 2 and now i have less memory avaible .
It look like the amiga see them like 2x 4mo on place of the 2x 32 mo :(((

Not any idea ??

Normaly you put it on and make not any changes and the full memory will be showed up in the os 3.9 ??

Without extra changes ??

Later
Oliver

Offline Damion

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2002, 11:00:29 PM »
If the memory is working right, it will show up regardless of the OS you are running.

I don't know much about the PPC cards, but from what I understand some Phase5/DCE cards can be picky about memory types. I use a 64mb FPM simm in my 1260 and it works great.

Make sure the memory is the right type specified by
the manufacturer, i.e  you may need to use FPM simms instead of EDO.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2002, 11:12:09 PM »
Hello

Pff yes that is edo memory normal for pc .
In the power up book they are saying its ok and it work .
But actualy it not show the full mem that is very strange .
So for the x time i will again wait wait wait and buy 2 different edo memory model on ebay to let me have a luck before next year to use my amiga .
Sometime i start to ask my self if i not lose my time and money lol :)))

That is incredible that is 6 months i have take decision to build a ppc 1200 amiga for the fun and free time but its start realy to be no more fun lol .....
I never stop to need to buy more and more to let me be able to use it litle be like a normal computer working correctly.

You realy must be passioned to build and start back using amiga hardware big luck i found this site or all this hardware was long time selled on ebay germany :)

Thank you very much for your help i will try other mem module we will see .

Later
Oliver