Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion: Ben Hermans no longer corporate director  (Read 8740 times)

Description:

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
Re: Ben Hermanns seems to have resigned from Hyperion!
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 23, 2017, 07:58:05 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;820554
sed -e s/"owner"/shareholder

AFAIK, he never was a shareholder. At least not until they went bankrupt.

Offline IanP

• Show only replies by IanP
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 08:03:40 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;820422
So when is A-Eon going to acquire Hyperion? ;)
A-Eon have acquired rights to quite a few bits of software but don't AFAIK have a habit of acquiring the companies that previously held the rights. Hyperion have rights to develop AmigaOS but can they sell those rights or are they legally bound to the company? I believe Hyperion contract out all the development rather than having software developers permanently on staff, a model that A-Eon is also using for it's acquisitions. It does seem crazy that A-Eon is at the mercy of Hyperion and their contracted devs for an OS to get the best out of their hardware, an OS that has only seen a 0.1 version increment in over a decade.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 08:44:42 PM »
Quote from: IanP;820558
A-Eon have acquired rights to quite a few bits of software but don't AFAIK have a habit of acquiring the companies that previously held the rights. Hyperion have rights to develop AmigaOS but can they sell those rights or are they legally bound to the company? I believe Hyperion contract out all the development rather than having software developers permanently on staff, a model that A-Eon is also using for it's acquisitions. It does seem crazy that A-Eon is at the mercy of Hyperion and their contracted devs for an OS to get the best out of their hardware, an OS that has only seen a 0.1 version increment in over a decade.

I'm far from an expert on these matters but I think there might be ways around it "reverse mergers" or whatever you call them etc.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline spudje

Re: Hyperion: Ben Hermans no longer corporate director
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 09:01:47 PM »
He remains committed to Hyperion Entertainment and will continue representing its legal interests in the best possible way.

So he will dedicate 100% of his time pursueing all these people (ab)using the OS31 source... :roflmao: