Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cd reading  (Read 866 times)

Description:

Offline dacTopic starter

• Show only replies by dac
Cd reading
« on: March 10, 2003, 11:09:11 AM »
Hello,
I burned a CD-R (on my P... with Easy CD Creator 5 , ouh shame!!!!) with a lot of softwares from aminet  but my Amiga 1200 is not able to read him. Under HDtoolbox, my Amiga tell me the capacity of the CD-R but don't want to show icon. I have a 1200/030 with a squirrel and a old 4X CD reader SCSI. What can I do?
Long life to Amiga

Offline Desmon

• Show only replies by Desmon
Re: Cd reading
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2003, 11:18:24 AM »
@dac

I burned a CD-R (on my P... with Easy CD Creator 5 , ouh shame!!!!) with a lot of softwares from aminet  but my Amiga 1200 is not able to read him. Under HDtoolbox, my Amiga tell me the capacity of the CD-R but don't want to show icon. I have a 1200/030 with a squirrel and a old 4X CD reader SCSI. What can I do?

Firstly, lift your coffee/tea cup and place the EasyCD install disk under it. It's about the only use I could think of for that piece of #### program.
Next, find yourself a copy of Nero (preferably v5.5.x) and install that instead. It's a much simpler program to use and makes truly compliant CDs.
Cache Ya,
Craig.

Busy playing with my Trainz and loving it!

Offline Hardboy

• Show only replies by Hardboy
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2003, 11:26:55 AM »
You should have some CD filesystem installed first, as this doesn´t come with the OS. Can anyone clarify wath files needed. You can transfer them to your amiga with floppies.

Offline Thomas

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2003, 01:03:14 PM »

Yes, the OS does not recognise CD-ROM drives by itself. You need to install a CD filesystem and create a mountlist for the drive.

Get AmiCDFS from Aminet. The manual should describe what is needed to do.

Bye,
Thomas

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2003, 01:20:35 PM »
EasyCD Creator burns using the packet writing filesystem UDFS. No Amiga filesystem supports this.

Dump EasyCD and use Nero to burn your CD-R the standard way.

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 03:31:15 PM »
well i use easy cd 5 platinum and have never had any trouble with my amiga reading the mulit-session disks i produce.

I use OS3.9 and a powerflyergold.  I must admit I dont agree with  the others I find easy cd 5 plat much better than nero, if u know what u r doing.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline SilvrDrgn

• Show only replies by SilvrDrgn
    • http://mikerye.homeip.net
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2003, 04:25:36 PM »
EasyCD Creator burns using the packet writing filesystem UDFS. No Amiga filesystem supports this.

I have burned CDs with EasyCD Creator that can be read perfectly fine on my Amiga (using CacheCDFS with OS 3.9).

However, I also think EasyCD should be dumped, and go for Nero.
Michael