Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.com Store Question  (Read 4566 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
Re: Amiga.com Store Question
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 23, 2011, 10:48:55 AM »
I would recommend a HP Touchpad they are going for as little as $99 if you can find one in the US. And their are efforts out their now to get Android on the device failing that look on ebay for a tablet or a second hand ipad 1.

If you really want an Amiga tablet I would recommend getting it from Icontain store more than Amiga.com
http://www.icontainstore.com/products/Xpedio-8%22-Tablet.html

But I would be careful as on Amiga Inc facebook page already one customer is complaining where his tablet is, luckily protected by PayPal.  

Offline Tension

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »
Successful troll is successful

Offline ferrellsl

• DavidseltyAJ
    • Show only replies by ferrellsl
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 12:33:39 PM »
Quote from: Cool_amigaN;655829
@ferrellsl

Amiga (.com) stole money from the community, get over it. Took the fees but never returned the product.

Get over what?  I really don't give a sh@t what Amiga.com did to you or to the Amiga community.  It's Franko who can't get over whatever they did.  That's been my point.  That and the fact that no matter what the thread topic, he takes it over and begins ranting about how amiga.com f@cked up his entire world.  I think everyone who uses this web site is aware of that and very tired of it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:36:07 PM by ferrellsl »

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 12:36:17 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;655840
Get over what?  I really don't give a sh@t what Amiga.com did to you or to the Amiga community.  It's Franko that can't get over whatever they did.  That's been my point.

Erm... you're dafter than I gave you credit for... :crazy:

I've never mentioned "Amiga.com" and couldn't give a shazbutt about them either. so what you talking about !!!

Offline ferrellsl

• DavidseltyAJ
    • Show only replies by ferrellsl
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 12:41:56 PM »
Quote from: Franko;655841
Erm... you're dafter than I gave you credit for... :crazy:

I've never mentioned "Amiga.com" and couldn't give a shazbutt about them either. so what you talking about !!!

As I said earlier, you seem to think that the Amiga trademark is sacred.  If you're looking for sacred, go find a religion.  Normal people really don't care who or what is done with the Amiga trademark name.  Oh, but I forget....You're setting up your own twisted religion where you're the God of Amiga.org and we all have to bow down and worship you no matter what the thread subject.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 12:55:52 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;655842
As I said earlier, you seem to think that the Amiga trademark is sacred.  If you're looking for sacred, go find a religion.  Normal people really don't care who or what is done with the Amiga trademark name.  Oh, but I forget....You're setting up your own twisted religion where you're the God of Amiga.org and we all have to bow down and worship you no matter what the thread subject.

Nope... I hate religion even more than I hate rip off merchants using the Amiga name to sell crap... ;)

Normal people... if "Normal people" don't care about the Amiga name that's fine by me, but I'm a true Amiga fan and have been since it's launch so if that makes me abnormal or some kind of nutter, then I'm proud to be an abnormal nutter Amiga fan who does care about the legacy of the greatest home computer ever invented... :)

Now if what you call "Normal" is being like you, a sad moaning faced little git with nothing better to do than visit Amiga sites just to moan about others who actually enjoy and care about the Amiga, then all I can say is, thank gawd I aint "normal"... ;)

PS: "Normal" is for boring, sad, retarded, humourless gits just like you... :)

Offline mistermskTopic starter

• Show only replies by mistermsk
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 07:17:15 PM »
Thanks guys. Interesting read. Looking into it all, I'll be buying a nook. It runs honeycomb that can be rooted as well as run Flash. For $249, I don't see any other tablet doing that for that price. The $99 I tried getting but good luck. Could not find any available. All sold out.

Offline Borut

• Show only replies by Borut
    • http://www.crt-software.com
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2011, 09:48:04 PM »
Amiga.com is evil - nothing more to say.

Offline swoslover

• Show only replies by swoslover
    • http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Relictronic-Boutique
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2011, 03:30:53 AM »
Has anyone bought one of these?   OP please don't buy one and take the advice of the others and get something better and cheaper on ebay or craiglist/gumtree.

I think to compare CUSA with Amiga.com is unfair.

CUSA have actually produced something in their homage to the C64 and it is a damn site better than a tablet with a sticker on it.

edit: what is the icontain Amiga store for?  Is it something someone has done just to highlight how everpriced amiga.com offerings are?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:33:26 AM by swoslover »
A1200
CD32
A4000

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2011, 03:46:54 AM »
@ferrells,

Did you say that the owner of Amiga.org was shady, if so what does that make his moderators?

OMG it is a frappin takeover. The owner of Amiga.org, the moderators, CUSA, Amiga, and wilson.

What next?

People who left, armchair lawyers, and doctors.

No wonder no one wants to be here anymore.

smerf

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline mechy

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2011, 03:49:19 AM »
Quote from: swoslover;662154
Has anyone bought one of these?   OP please don't buy one and take the advice of the others and get something better and cheaper on ebay or craiglist/gumtree.

CUSA have actually produced something in their homage to the C64 and it is a damn site better than a tablet with a sticker on it.

edit: what is the icontain Amiga store for?  Is it something someone has done just to highlight how everpriced amiga.com offerings are?

You must be kidding, CUSA is a bunch of ambulance chasers riding on the coattails of the Commodore name making useless products that have absolutely nothing to do with the c64. They are neither furthering it,improving it,or even duplicating it. their products are no better than a tablet with a sticker. If you cant see this you must not know what a c64 is.

Mech

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2011, 04:14:38 AM »
Quote from: swoslover;662154

How do you figure that? $1000-1500 for a poorly-ventilated run-of-the-mill $300-500 i7 setup in a fancy case? (And that's not even touching on their laughable plans for the "Amiga" trademark.) If anything I'd say they're worse.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2011, 04:44:57 AM »
@mechy,

Who is riding on the coat tails of CommodoreJohn, and making useless products, didn't know that CommodoreJohn could make useless products, boy when he hears this he is really, really going to be angry.

@ferrells,

Is that the sweet smell of Franko that I smell?

Hey be cool, Franko is just addicted to the Amiga, every time he uses the Amiga he goes on the ultimate high and gets angry at anyone who tries to bring back the old girl in new clothing.

@Franko,

Have you been smoking your Amiga again, you have really got to stop, the Amiga's are getting rarer and rarer every day.

===============================================================
Quick Question. I saw a tablet I was thinking about getting off the amiga.com store. When I cruse this store awhile ago it looks like it had the same stuff. Has anyone bought from there recently and does anyone know the turn around time?
===============================================================
@mistermsk,

I looked at the same tablet on Amiga.com as you are looking at?
Looks pretty classy, but I settled for an android tablet from TigerDirect.com. OK I really can't say anything about Amiga.com because it is their business and no one has the right to tell them how to run their business. If they cheated people (as they say on this site) about amiga shirts, then these people should get together and bring charges against Amiga.com.

The only thing I can say is if you like it, don't mind spending the money, then buy it, but first ask for a document in writing and with signatures that you can have a 30 day trial period on the device that you think you like. Most creditable companies will let you try their product for a time period. This way you get to try it, use it, and see if it fits your needs.

Now for all you people putting down companies like CUSA, Amiga.com, Argos, minimig, sam440 etc.

What would you do to bring out a more modern Amiga? What would you improve? keep?
Get rid of? using modern tech.

It is easy to criticize, call them crooks, robbers etc. It is just business.

Personally I like Cloanto's Amiga Forever. Really looks good on my PC, works better than my A4000, and I wouldn't really know I wasn't using an Amiga if I didn't boot up the computer. So I really do have my modern day Amiga, with gigs of memory, terabytes of hard drive space, USB, Memory plug ins, modern day printers, and players that can play movies and music CD's.  but it isn't from CUSA. Also have C64 on the same machine. So I have everything, I can play modern day games on Windows, do my office work on Ubuntu, use my Amiga software on AF, and my C64 software on my C64 emulator. No complaints.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline amigakid

• Show only replies by amigakid
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2011, 06:23:28 AM »
Wan the best bang for the buck get a Toshiba Thrive tablet.  For the price it is great.  The low end is $399 and it has a dual core processor, honeycomb OS, full size and miniUSB, only 8GB storage, but heck you can use a micro SD card if you want more.  Overall the specs, and responsiveness of the tablet is great.  But then again i still prefer my laptop over tablets, but they are nice for certain things (and showing off of course), but still the full KB and functionality of a laptop (a good one) can't be beat.  Just my two cents.  Far as the Amiga.com store goes and thier tablets I have no idea, seems alright but then again i have never bought from them before.

Offline swoslover

• Show only replies by swoslover
    • http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Relictronic-Boutique
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2011, 08:59:47 AM »
All I am saying is they have developed something.

It looks like a C64 and most people who know what a C64 is would recognise it.

It is capable of running C64 games.

For all it would be great to see the Natami and the X1000 they have yet to come to fruition, so at least the C64x has something in it's favour.

CUSA do deserve credit for the publicity they generated and for actually trying something ambitious.

No such thing as bad publicity as the cliche goes :)

@ franko although I am sure my opinions re C64 annoy you, it is great to see someone on the forum using words like Dunderheid!!!
A1200
CD32
A4000