Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Genlock setup  (Read 1485 times)

Description:

Offline weGuruTopic starter

• Show only replies by weGuru
Genlock setup
« on: January 17, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »
Hi there...

I have the following:

Amiga 1200T with a 040 cpu and 64mb ram and OS 3.9
GVP G-Lock
2 video recorders
1 Piccolo Graphics card
Repulse Audio Card

I wanna try out genlock even though its an old setup, but fun anyway...Ive got Scala with dongle and all needed software for the G-Lock..

But: How to i connect the gadgets together? Is it aslo possible to VIDEO sync with the amiga to a Opcode Studio 64xtc midi controller.

Also have a midi controller for the amiga and some samplers but guess i dont need those. Also have a audio mixer i can connect to the setup.

Tried on google but google aint my friend so it wouldnt show anything i could use. A diagram of some sort would be helpfull as well.

If all goes well i will post pictures of my Video, music studio here.

Tnx in advance
Retro is my life...

Offline beller

• S.A.C.C.
    • Show only replies by beller
Re: Genlock setup
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 10:01:08 PM »
The G-lock plugs into the Amiga's RGB video port and has outputs for dumping the combined video to a VCR.  When I was doing video in the 80s I'd dump to a tape and then later edit the footage into the final production.  Mostly the genlock covered titles for whatever I was shooting.

My setup was video out to a tv monitor which showed the video I was genlocking over and the video was fed from VCR #1.  The genlocked output went to VCR #2 which recorded the genlocked video.  All of the music was added in post production.  So, you'll need two video devices and a tv to watch on.   Hope this helps

You can find out more about the G-lockat the Amiga Hardware database at:

http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/glock
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:05:12 PM by beller »