Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New A.org banner is ugly now  (Read 4142 times)

Description:

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
Re: New A.org banner is ugly now
« Reply #44 from previous page: May 30, 2009, 04:59:47 PM »
Quote from: Trev;457109
My two cents: Keep the logo, ditch the "Amiga.org" title and subtitle, and replace it with a message of the day widget. Computer-related quotes would be topical, but we could all do with a little existential quip now and then.
That's a NEAT idea, and one that I'm digging.  The question is whether Amiga.org has grown as a site so much that the logo is instantly recognizable?  I'm getting the "artist formerly known as" vibe here...

:)

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;457112
That's a NEAT idea, and one that I'm digging.  The question is whether Amiga.org has grown as a site so much that the logo is instantly recognizable?  I'm getting the "artist formerly known as" vibe here...

:-) Only if Amiga, Inc. refuses to let you use the name. ;-) It's recognizable enough that people have ripped it off, yeah? It's a small community, regardless, and everyone knows the four or five or six active English-speaking forums by sight. If not, the http://www.amiga.org in the URL should (hopefully) give it away.

It might be fun to make the MOTD a hyperlink as well, taking you to a comment thread similar to the ones attached to photos. Or, if the MOTD topics aren't really Amiga related (do they need to be?), you could redirect to a whyzzat.com thread and cross-pollinate. ;-)

Offline pVC

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2009, 08:13:10 PM »
Sorry to say, but logo looks too messy now. As said, jpeg artifacts jump into eyes and "serving..." text is too blurred. I'd prefer more sharp edges in text to avoid the "old CRT look". And please use PNG or at least jpeg with much better quality setting when saving it :)
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2009, 08:27:26 PM »
Sorry guys, like I *just* said above, I appreciate you guys have opinions, but I have my own.  It seems to have been a mistake to have let everyone think this was some sort of core democracy where site design goes.

You guys have always written and thereby dictate the content of this site. Let me worry about the layout.

If there's a bug, feel free to report it, but I can't waste any more time trying to draw a firm consensus out of 1000 contrary Amiga users on something that really doesn't matter, like the header logo.

For what it's worth, I don't see "JPEG artifacts" on my 20" mac, or my 15" mac laptop, so I honestly some of you are now just being critical to make yourselves feel better  :)

BTW, the header has NEVER been a .png

Wayne
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 08:29:56 PM by Wayne »
//* Signature Free *//

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2009, 08:48:57 PM »
I guess I'm frustrated by all of this, but honestly.  Do you know of ANY other real site which would tolerate FOUR PAGES of "the new logo is ugly"....?

I mean, manners people.  If you have a concern or comment, e-mail me or PM me.  Don't publicly start trash threads just to express your overvalued opinion.  This ain't moobunny ya know.

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline dcr8520

• Show only replies by dcr8520
    • http://Amiga.SourceForge.net
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2009, 08:50:42 PM »
i found this one less "funny" than the previous (rainbow), but it's ok as well, maybe more "pro" (unless by being both text in pure white ;)), no matter... whatever you conscience decide should be ok... :)

Offline pVC

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2009, 08:56:31 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;457142
For what it's worth, I don't see "JPEG artifacts" on my 20" mac, or my 15" mac laptop, so I honestly some of you are now just being critical to make yourselves feel better  :)

It's not about the size :) Nowadays TFT displays have so big variety in quality and way they show colors and contrast etc.. I have crappy display which has a bit over brightness and those artifacts show up more easily than maybe on some better monitors with more natural contrast etc. In any case, the red color looks very varying here as well as edges in several places.

BTW, the header has NEVER been a .png

With that suggestion I wasn't referring to past, but was just suggesting that it could be better as PNG. And still think that PNG suits better for that kind of gfx.
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.