Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Archon Evolution --> Amiga?  (Read 1244 times)

Description:

Offline amiga2000Topic starter

• Show only replies by amiga2000
Archon Evolution --> Amiga?
« on: December 27, 2004, 02:27:40 AM »
I was wondering whether there was any interest in porting Archon Evolution to the Amiga PPC platform? They recently changed from DirectX to OpenGL so that it would be easier to port to other platforms.

Archon Evolution OpenGL

sorry I did not realize that link required registration to view - but basically, this is what the developer wrote. I do not think archon evolution is open source, but if he wants to port to linux and mac, I think he would be open to having someone code an amiga port.

Wednesday 17 November 2004

I've decided to migrate A:E from (the Windows specific) DirectX to the more platform friendly OpenGL. For the last three weeks I've been frantically rewriting and reworking much of the internal code. It'll most likely be a few weeks before the game is once again in a compilable state, and I expect to be working on related changes/enhancements throughout December. So, I guess you're all wondering why I've taken such a drastic step at a relatively late stage in the game's development?

Well, essentially, I'd like to see Windows, Mac and Linux versions of the game released simultaneously. A few of my friends have Macs and they've been badgering me to build a Mac version of A:E so that they can challenge me online. The move to OpenGL also opens up a few technical "doors" for me as a developer, and I'll be able to add some pretty nifty realtime effects to the game (and also address a few of the limitations of DirectX hopefully).

It's all good...
Amiga 2000 Blizzard040 64MBFast 2MBChip OS3.9 PicassoIV Concierto Paloma Pablo X-Surf Catweasel Highway Norway in a Micronik classic tower

Amiga 1200 BlizzardPPC 128MBFast BVision in a Micronik Infinitiv Mk-2 tower

Offline Effy

• Show only replies by Effy
Re: Archon Evolution --> Amiga?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 05:14:18 AM »
Please forgive my lack of knowlegde, but what kind of game is it ???

Offline amiga2000Topic starter

• Show only replies by amiga2000
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 05:55:47 AM »
it is a modern re-make of Archon, and is actually recognized/authorized by the original programmers of Archon. You can check it out at:

www.archonevolution.com
Amiga 2000 Blizzard040 64MBFast 2MBChip OS3.9 PicassoIV Concierto Paloma Pablo X-Surf Catweasel Highway Norway in a Micronik classic tower

Amiga 1200 BlizzardPPC 128MBFast BVision in a Micronik Infinitiv Mk-2 tower

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 01:14:56 PM »
I would be very keen on playing that. I loved the original Archons.