Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trying to find this game  (Read 2428 times)

Description:

Offline Morax

• Show only replies by Morax
Re: Trying to find this game
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 16, 2006, 09:24:58 PM »
I would like to know as well, since that is one of those seemingly "classic" amiga games I've missed. Hell I'm going to try and start it in Winuae again :p (my last attempts a few years ago failed) :-)

EDIT:
In one look at the game I can tell you it's jerky, uses NTSC (the adf I used anyway), graphics are okay, sound is okay, supports a 2nd disk drive, supports up to 4 players, is some sort of a strategic RPG with hack&slash (a lá Barbarian) action scenes.
And I guess the last thing is the source of all fuss, because it contains blood&gore, like chopping heads with results in a fountain of blood sprewing out of the neck. Oh and the blood splatters over the ground, and doesn't vanish, unlike in most games  :-D
-Nothing to see here, move along!-

Offline Legerdemain

• Show only replies by Legerdemain
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 12:16:23 AM »
(but the hardware differences between an Megadrive and Amiga aren't that big, aside from the sound)

Don't get ahead of yourself...  =)  ...programming for the MegaDrive should be way easier than programming for the Amiga, especially considering handling different layers of graphics. Not that MegaDrive is a particularly fantastic console, but making an Amiga version of, let's say, Sonic The Hedgehog 3 would probably be pure hell especially considering the many different layers of graphics, parallax scrolling, high-res 2-player mode and so on and so on (although probably possible to do). I think people often believe they have more in common than they actually do... because of the 68k.

--- PERSONAL OPINIONS AHEAD ---
Oh,and considering Moonstone... it is just one of those really over-rated games for the Amiga. Wasn't particularly bad for its time though, a mixture of a figthing/adventure with some classic gore scenes with lots of blood and so on and so on. It hasn't stood the test of time, and feels extremely dated today... the characters move extremely jerky on the screen, there is no saving enabled and you can pretty much, if you are unlucky, reach far in the game with no problems at all and then suddenly die and die and die just to do it all over again. I don't know about all versions of the game, but some were really buggy and had a tendency to crash in the most inappropriate times. The overall impression of the game today isn't exactly what it was back in the days.
-------------------------------
Amiga 1200, Mirage Tower, PC-Key 1200, Blizzard 1260/50, SCSI Kit, 256MB RAM, 40GB HD, Mediator SX, Soundblaster 128, Voodoo 3 and Realtek 8139.

Offline Morax

• Show only replies by Morax
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 04:26:31 AM »
You're right, Sonic 2 and even more 3 make a higher demand of the Megadrives hardware capabilities than the first one. I am not really into technical specs of both the Sega and Amiga, but maybe for Sonic 3 an AGA version is possible? Considering that games fully optimized for it (alas not all of them were), look (not just the more colors and extra sound fx) and run better than the OCS/ECS counterparts...
-Nothing to see here, move along!-

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 08:57:55 AM »
irishmike wrote:
I believe that Nebulus is abandonware

It's not. There's no such thing.

irishmike wrote:
*Don't suggest eBay, would end up paying WAY to much.

I bought an original Hewson copy of Nebulus still in its box in mint condition for £2.50. Seriously, just buy it :roll:

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline TheSLASH!

• Show only replies by TheSLASH!
    • http://www.nostalgica.nu
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 03:08:56 PM »
Vincent : Ah yes, the little frog.

Haha.. Was it a frog! I have always wonder what type of creature it was.. But it have a tail, it's maybe a fry?

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2006, 10:16:48 AM »
Pogo had only 2 legs and a tail. So not a frog :-) The good thing about games in those days was nobody cared about small details like a plot, or what the main character is supposed to be. The important thing is that the game is fun :-D

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline Hyperspeed

• Show only replies by Hyperspeed
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 09:48:36 PM »
by motorollin:
Pogo had only 2 legs and a tail. So not a frog

I've seen a dog with only 2 legs and a sort of skateboard for back legs!

:-D

What animal was Oscar supposed to be?

Offline seer

• Show only replies by seer
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 10:21:40 PM »
For those interested;

A remake of Nebulus
http://www.thewarpzone.co.uk/remakes/toppler/

Or this
http://www.addink.net/nebulus/
Nothing much there tho ?

for those who have no idea what it's about
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebulus_(computer_game)

What did you all think about Nebulus 2 ? Came on 4 disk IIRC but wasn't nearly as good as 1 IMHO.
~
Everything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
~