Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bragging time! I just score the ultimate(?) G4 PowerMac for MorphOS  (Read 6447 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: Bragging time! I just score the ultimate(?) G4 PowerMac for MorphOS
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 30, 2011, 09:07:11 PM »
LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!

Not to dis on MorphOS, after all I am a VERY happy user, but it is not fully binary compatible. A lot of PPC games still do not run or run proper. OctaMED Sound Studio still does not load without locking the machine up, etc. etc. There is still a lot of work that needs done in that department.

Though there are still a lot of classic apps that do run perfectly or near perfect, not to mention the fact that the apps written for MorphOS are very nice!

I just wanted to point this out for those looking to buy MorphOS and expect everything to work.
 And yes, I know some apps make direct calls to chips which are not in the hardware MorphOS runs on, but even still, some of those apps load up fine on OS4, so with this in mind, I'm sure that the MorphOS team could eventually get them working on MorphOS as well.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Boudicca

• Show only replies by Boudicca
Re: Bragging time! I just score the ultimate(?) G4 PowerMac for MorphOS
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 10:20:05 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;610934
My 1.8 Sonnet processor would fit in a Digital Audio.!

just clearing up some confusion, I was asking Red if it was a sonnet!. I was just sayin the vanilla Digital Audio didn't go past 1ghz ;)
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.