Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Some UAE questions  (Read 1280 times)

Description:

Offline YellowTopic starter

• Show only replies by Yellow
Some UAE questions
« on: March 24, 2003, 03:00:08 PM »
Here's some WinUAE-questions.

Is there a program that can transfer a file from PC:s hard drive inside a *.HDF-file outside the emulation?

I've made a virtual HDD ("add directory" in the UAE config) in UAE so that UAE uses a Windows folder as a hard drive. There's 8.94 gigabytes free space in that hard drive, but "info" command in WB3.1 shell says that there's 2 gigs free space. Is this because of the limitations of OS3.1 and will info command show the right amount of free space  if I install OS3.9? Info command (and WB) also says that there's 0 blocks used in that drive and that it's 0% full although there's a lot of stuff.
\\"Our meeting was not a coincidence. Nothing happens by accident.\\" - Gui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars I: Phantom Menace)

Re: More questions...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 08:59:19 PM »
About screen modes...

When I click WB's storage/monitors drivers (in WinUAE emulation, of course), I only get PAL and NTSC modes to prefs:ScreenMode-program. Is this okay? Do I get 1024 x 768 @ 16 bit, if I install Picasso96-package?
\\"Our meeting was not a coincidence. Nothing happens by accident.\\" - Gui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars I: Phantom Menace)

Offline blobrana

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 09:06:40 PM »
@Yellow
YES!
The only question is why haven`t you already?

You`ll notice that it will just zip along now!

Offline alx

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 09:12:53 PM »
Install P96 from inside the "Amiga", and you'll get all those big resolutions and colourdepths.  There'll be a huge increase in speed as well.

BTW remember to enable JIT (for some reason I don't think it's on by default).  Then things really start to fly!

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
Re: Some UAE questions
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 09:21:51 PM »
Is there a program that can transfer a file from PC:s hard drive inside a *.HDF-file outside the emulation?

Yes visit HERE

Offline BADHead

• Show only replies by BADHead
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2003, 09:56:32 PM »
 :-)
Crazy on a ship of fools  :whack:

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2003, 10:41:12 PM »
Thank you all for your answers!  It's nice to see that  the Amiga community helps each other.  :-) That disk space question above still remains.

I think it's better use virtual HDDs ("add directory" in UAE config) instead of HDF-files, because the size of the HDF files is fixed or what do you think? Though with HDF-files info-command shows all attributes correctly.