Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Something wrong with my A1200 screen setting?  (Read 981 times)

Description:

Offline orb85750Topic starter

• Show only replies by orb85750
Something wrong with my A1200 screen setting?
« on: December 24, 2010, 02:28:30 AM »
Hopefully, it's something silly, but I'm not sure what the problem is.  I have the screen set to hi-res NTSC and I'm using a 1084 monitor.  Everything is fine when I load games from floppy or I allow OS 3.1 to boot up from the hard drive and I play around on the desktop.  However, I installed Star Trek AGA onto the hard drive (required -- cannot be played from floppies).  When I load it, the screen goes into some whacked-out mode with crazy sort-of horizontal flickering lines.  The sound on the game works fine.  I thought it might be a problem with the install, but then I also installed an application (SuperJAM music software -- not AGA) on the hard drive, which produces the same screen problem.   Any thoughts?  Might I have something set wrong in OS 3.1?  Thanks for your help.

Re: Something wrong with my A1200 screen setting?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 05:04:47 PM »
I thought it might have something to do with the startup-sequence file, many parts of which I don't fully understand, so I copied over the startup-sequence file from my A3000.  Unfortunately the problem still persists.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 05:11:05 PM »
I assume your in the USA, try moving all your DEVS:Monitors/ files except the NTSC one out of that drawer so you only have an NTSC driver left...

It sound like something is switching your screen to a different mode like MultiSync or the likes, this way you should be able to check if this is the case...:)

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 05:50:24 PM »
Quote from: Franko;601568
I assume your in the USA, try moving all your DEVS:Monitors/ files except the NTSC one out of that drawer so you only have an NTSC driver left...

It sound like something is switching your screen to a different mode like MultiSync or the likes, this way you should be able to check if this is the case...:)

Thanks, my friend.  It did the trick.  I owe you one!

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 05:51:49 PM »
Thought that might be the problem, glad to have been of help... :)

(see I don't talk keeck all the time... :lol:)