Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SAM 460 poor performance, high price  (Read 29831 times)

Description:

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
Re: SAM 460 poor performance, high price
« Reply #284 from previous page: February 02, 2011, 03:16:19 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;611742
    Quote:
                                                                      Originally Posted by klx300r                                    
                 @ takemehomegrandma

..I think you need a calming visit to see grandma;)

boy I feel sorry for you & Piru when the X1000 arrives..better get your blood pressure medication ready:eek:

Don't worry. The x1000 won't have any real impact on the world whatsoever, except maybe as laughing stock in a similar way as if anyone would try to sell a stock 2007 specced Ford Focus at new Ferrari prices. :)

hmm funny that when the X1000 was announced the major/ respected computer sources released positive reviews...heck one guy even ate his socks:) so who exactly will be laughing other than the same usual suspects here ?

I don't and won't worry because you won't see me running off to a MOS site bad mouthing anything new that's released for MOS but 'the usual suspects' make it an urgent matter to post trash on EVERY single new AmigaOS hardware or software release on Amiga sites....it's so obvious that it's laughable & sad really
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #285 on: February 02, 2011, 03:21:41 PM »
Quote from: klx300r;611827
hmm funny that when the X1000 was announced the major/ respected computer sources released positive reviews...heck one guy even ate his socks:) so who exactly will be laughing other than the same usual suspects here ?

Some news outlets bought into the release story. Remember the "cold fusion" guys from back in the 90s? Now it's a year later the media "explosion" doesn't even have an echo.

I don't and won't worry because you won't see me running off to a MOS site bad mouthing anything new that's released for MOS but 'the usual suspects' make it an urgent matter to post trash on EVERY single new AmigaOS hardware or software release on Amiga sites....it's so obvious that it's laughable & sad really

Difference is, MOS isn't trying to be something it isn't (Amiga). I suspect when Hyperion & Co. stop misappropriating the Amiga name they will stop being the target of so much criticism as well.

Offline Golem!dk

• Show only replies by Golem!dk
    • http://www.google.com/
« Reply #286 on: February 02, 2011, 03:27:05 PM »
Quote from: klx300r;611827
hmm funny that when the X1000 was announced the major/ respected computer sources released positive reviews

Ah yes, announcement reviews.... gotta love those.
~

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #287 on: February 02, 2011, 03:40:20 PM »
Quote from: Colani1200;611808
Why not?

The same thing is currently being developed for AROS. There are 2 different approaches atm (J-UAE and Emumiga).

Apples and orranges.  They are for hardware banging games and apps I believe.  MorphOS changes 68k to PPC code on the fly and I beleive.  MorphsOS is 3.1 binary comptaible for asystem frienddly, not the same as running an emulator.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline Colani1200

• Show only replies by Colani1200
« Reply #288 on: February 02, 2011, 04:12:21 PM »
Quote from: JJ;611834
Apples and orranges.  They are for hardware banging games and apps I believe.

Quite true for J-UAE, not quite true for Emumiga: http://emumiga.com/about

MorphOS changes 68k to PPC code on the fly and I beleive.  MorphsOS is 3.1 binary comptaible for asystem frienddly, not the same as running an emulator.

For the end user experience, this doesn't matter.

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #289 on: February 02, 2011, 04:20:38 PM »
I stand corrected on the Emumiga front.  However I think it does make a difference to the end users as converting to ppc code and using the system api gives a) much more integration b) is much much much faster
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline mike-

• Show only replies by mike-
« Reply #290 on: February 02, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;611829

Difference is, MOS isn't trying to be something it isn't (Amiga). I suspect when Hyperion & Co. stop misappropriating the Amiga name they will stop being the target of so much criticism as well.

Dear Jorkany. On behalf of anyone wanting to see the Amiga move forward since 1993, id like to declare your comment as trolling, as the head chief of trolling on the internet has already approved you to the position as troll of the camp, i would hereby like to offer my support for this ruling.

Now to get to the bottom of "misappropriating" which by whereby ye me(n)th, actually means bringing the original Amigaos incarnation to new highs, we, the trolling association of amiga vaporware will have to disregard with this ruling previously reached, and label you only as a freak of computing, or scum of the earth. However, if you wold not like the Original evolution of the OS to succeed press #2. Would you however like, to see, any professional effort on behalf of the platform to bring the OS up to speed, press, #1. If you do not at all appreciate this effort, it being years behind the "competition" press #hangup.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXx-n6T7tZg

Seriously, if you fail to understand or see that the Amigaos in any incarnation is actually quickly becoming something the vast majority of computer users out there would desire, due to its light weight and good use of hw , ( be it that in this dream mode they would all have to "unite" AND conquer ). Truly, atleast the Morphos camp deserves loads of credit for beating Apple on its own platform, and we see OS4 yeeears behind already preforming good on the same HW. Which only goes to show what the competence left in the scene is able to do with the little resources they have.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 05:56:00 PM by mike- »
C= Amiga Addict & Dendrophiliac
(Oo)
⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ

Offline Colani1200

• Show only replies by Colani1200
« Reply #291 on: February 02, 2011, 05:43:41 PM »
Quote from: JJ;611843
I stand corrected on the Emumiga front.  However I think it does make a difference to the end users as converting to ppc code and using the system api gives a) much more integration b) is much much much faster

I think both solutions have their advantages & disadvantages. In my experience, the greatest disadvantage of the MorphOS/Trance approach is that many old Amiga applications simply aren't "system friendly enough" to work properly/work at all.

But we're getting quite off topic...

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #292 on: February 02, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »
Quote from: Colani1200;611868
I think both solutions have their advantages & disadvantages. In my experience, the greatest disadvantage of the MorphOS/Trance approach is that many old Amiga applications simply aren't "system friendly enough" to work properly/work at all.

But we're getting quite off topic...

Personally, I'm willing to live with that 'disadvantage'.
Old applications are not a major attraction to me. Being OS and processor compatible is useful to me.

If I was that focused on register level compatibility I'd be using a legacy system
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline stevensake

• Show only replies by stevensake
« Reply #293 on: March 30, 2011, 09:26:17 PM »
Quote from: ;
try this one K&N 69-8610TTK

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo