Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: X1000 looking good on paper?  (Read 22908 times)

Description:

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
Re: X1000 looking good on paper?
« Reply #104 from previous page: April 17, 2011, 08:56:48 PM »
Quote from: Piru;584825

AmigaOne X1000
Looking good on paper

Hi,

Don't you know that this is that new technology where they can put a circuit board on a piece of thin plastic or mylar, This way you can have a roll up board that you can carry with you.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline vidarh

• Show only replies by vidarh
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2011, 09:29:18 PM »
Quote from: digiflip;632187
my 2 cents this is dead on arrival apple bought the cpu company that made cpus for x1000, so they can only make what stock they allready bought has apple will make cpus a4 , a5 etc for only for ios devices.

You can still buy new-old stock even of 680x0 CPU's. As such I very much doubt that the supply of PA6T will dry up until long after X1000 has ceased production, whether for bad reasons (A-Eon failing) or good reasons (new models) - the potential production volumes we're talking about for the X1000 is so small that batches held back for warranty or to honor resupply contracts (with the US military, for starters) that will eventually get released for open sale as they're no longer needed could likely keep A-Eon supplied with CPUs for many years.

This is assuming that Apple didn't allow the fab that manufactured these CPU's to continue manufacturing them on license, in that case it'd be even less of an issue.

Offline tabbybasco

• Show only replies by tabbybasco
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2011, 05:29:21 PM »
Quote from: ElPolloDiabl;584829
What 1800 buys you nowadays.:roflmao:

Well, I remember looking at an A2000 when it was first released and the price was about that much for (US$), then taking into account for inflation, I'd say, yes, I'll pay that much. I've been using WindBlows machines since I tried to install the A3000D motherboard into a Mirage tower...got to get the CD-ROM drive addressing strapped right and the floppy drive stopped working, other than that it kind-of still works, just can't install the drivers for the new expansion bus without the CD-ROM drive. I'm stuck using Xcrementing Profusely right now and it blows when it doesn't suck. I miss mi Amiga. And I'd be spending around US$1000.00 to get the old machine up and running and buying a CyberStormPPC card anyway just to use 4.1, so WY not go for broke and buy a new computer, that ok, maybe won't be as fast as a WinTel machine, but then with AmigaOS you don't need all that horsepower. I remember that the old A3000D didn't do too badly with standard CPU an 18MB of RAM. Even if I bought a new WinTel machine (HP mini tower) I'd still be stuck paying close to the same amount of money for the system I'd want, and I'd still be stuck with the two ton jockey that is WindBlows. And, yes, I've tried Linux and it's not much better than WindBlows. And I bought my first computer in 1981 so I'm not exactly a novice, plus being a retired US Navy Electronics Technician First Class, I know a little about electronics. No, this isn't my dream machine. For that I'd go with a 128 bit multiple-core, multiple parallel processors and 1TB of RAM. If you are going to dream, why not dream big???but I like the dual core XMOS coprocessor and the Xorro bus. I've looked at the specs and it allows for some interesting possibilities.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:51:10 PM by tabbybasco »

Offline tabbybasco

« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2011, 05:52:15 PM »
Quote from: ElPolloDiabl;584829
What 1800 buys you nowadays.:roflmao:
Well, I remember looking at an A2000 when it was first released and the price was about that much for (US$), then taking into account for inflation, I'd say, yes, I'll pay that much. I've been using WindBlows machines since I tried to install the A3000D motherboard into a Mirage tower...got to get the CD-ROM drive addressing strapped right and the floppy drive stopped working, other than that it kind-of still works, just can't install the drivers for the new expansion bus without the CD-ROM drive. I'm stuck using Xcrementing Profusely right now and it blows when it doesn't suck. I miss mi Amiga. And I'd be spending around US$1000.00 to get the old machine up and running and buying a CyberStormPPC card anyway just to use 4.1, so WY not go for broke and buy a new computer, that ok, maybe won't be as fast as a WinTel machine, but then with AmigaOS you don't need all that horsepower. I remember that the old A3000D didn't do too badly with standard CPU an 18MB of RAM. Even if I bought a new WinTel machine (HP mini tower) I'd still be stuck paying close to the same amount of money for the system I'd want, and I'd still be stuck with the two ton jockey that is WindBlows. And, yes, I've tried Linux and it's not much better than WindBlows. And I bought my first computer in 1981 so I'm not exactly a novice, plus being a retired US Navy Electronics Technician First Class, I know a little about electronics. No, this isn't my dream machine. For that I'd go with a 164 bit multiple-core, multiple parallel procossors and 1TB of RAM. If you are going to dream, why not dream big???but I like the dual core XMOS coprossor and the Xorro bus. I've looked at the specs and it allows for some interesting possibilities.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2011, 06:44:28 PM »
I like XMOS, I've just started playing with it an I think it's a great thing for robo-controlled devices.  You program XMOS, stick it in a device and away you go.  They're small, efficient and powerful enough to do pretty complex work without communicating back home.  Who knows, maybe a robot lunar lander with an XMOS or three on it?  It's pretty cheap to get into XMOS, a hundred US bucks will get you pretty much all you need to get started...  It programs through the USB on your Mac or PC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline tabbybasco

« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2011, 09:15:31 PM »
It's unfortunate, but the world of M.S. Windows and Apple OS X are going the way of the Iphone, Ipad, and Android, with only "approved" apps allowed to be marketed. Micro Soft has always been infamous in withholding operating system information from competing developers. I was kind of curious when I heard about Windows 7 Cloud, but it has gotten out that Micro Soft is in fact developing an app store just like Apple and Google.

http://www.macgasm.net/2011/04/11/leak-windows-8-app-store-helluva-lot-apples-app-store/

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2383720,00.asp

So, where does this leave the computer hobbyist? My plans is to buy the X1000 to use as my main computer and the ASUS Transformer as my casual computer, and my Android phone as my pocket computer.

Offline actung_bab

• Show only replies by actung_bab
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2011, 11:03:14 PM »
Quote from: mpiva;584913
@ Piru

What is the SOURCE of this photo.  I went to mainparty.net and I couldn't find the photo anywhere, neither can I find any mention of Aeon, TreverD, X1000, AmigaOne, or AmigaOS4.  Where's the evidence that this was an official Aeon demonstration.  At best, I'd say it's just some over zealous Amiga fan trying to unofficially advertise the X1000, at worst it could be you (though I doubt it) taking a picture in his basement intentially trying to make a mockery of the X1000.

At the VERY LEAST, you need to give proper references to your wild claims/photos.
Done be silly these people just want knock it whatever happens there bunch kids
Cause cant afford they jealous What plantet are they on

What hobbys are not expesive oh yeah there hobyy be negitive no imgaintion club

hehe i got 4 hobbys motorcycles/ hifi/ xbox 360/ps3 / amiga classic /amiga ppc/
out the 6 i rekon x1000 affordable esp compared to buying new 2000 back in the day
Acthung baby
http://telnet://midnight-blue.dyndns.org
Cnet 4.60 PRO bbs software
Amiga 1200 020 14 mhz mbz 1200 z pcmcia network card 4 meg ram 2 Gb scandisk cf
Amiga 2000 020
Amiga 4000 030 25 mhz broken
Amiga x 4 1200
x 6 Sony Ps 3 Orginal 60 gb 4  port usb 160 gb hd (os 4.1 ready :-)
what can i say i like thse machines
x 3 XBOX 360 1x xbox 360 slim
url=http://avatars.jurko.net][/

Offline actung_bab

• Show only replies by actung_bab
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2011, 11:09:34 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;630931
You should know that his NDA would prevent that. Besides, I doubt he'll even remember your request next year when his beta board finally arrives.
I decided am going order my own x1000 mb when avaible just shut you guys up and
when saying how awsome it is hehe i cant wait
Acthung baby
http://telnet://midnight-blue.dyndns.org
Cnet 4.60 PRO bbs software
Amiga 1200 020 14 mhz mbz 1200 z pcmcia network card 4 meg ram 2 Gb scandisk cf
Amiga 2000 020
Amiga 4000 030 25 mhz broken
Amiga x 4 1200
x 6 Sony Ps 3 Orginal 60 gb 4  port usb 160 gb hd (os 4.1 ready :-)
what can i say i like thse machines
x 3 XBOX 360 1x xbox 360 slim
url=http://avatars.jurko.net][/

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2011, 11:20:33 PM »
Quote from: actung_bab;632367
Cause cant afford they jealous What plantet are they on
There's a big difference between "can't afford" and "would not pay that kind of money for."
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2011, 11:43:31 PM »
Quote from: actung_bab;632369
I decided am going order my own x1000 mb when avaible just shut you guys up and
when saying how awsome it is hehe i cant wait

That's probably about the only legitimate reason to buy an X1000.

Offline ciento

• Show only replies by ciento
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2011, 08:02:49 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;584917
Feh, at $2300 USD for a 2GHz computer, it mocks itself.

Wrong, its a system for an OS that has it's roots at 7mhz, and has
grown in demand for resources over time, but 2Ghz with Os 4x or Morphos
has no valid comparison to windows variants running on that speed of hardware.

A proper perspective for comparison, would be to price commodity gear
that runs windows or 0sEX as fast as a seasoned Amiga user runs his
well configured Morphos/OS4 setup.

Beyond that it's a hobbyists lifelong dream, so you can't ridicule his venture as if his plan all along was to take market share from the hp, dell scales of enterprise.

Once talented people turn 54, they realize a dream in this world, may be
swifter afoot than first thought, especially as friends of similar age
have health issues, or take  the long ride in the short box.
Cheers