Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Commodore USA has my money, I have no computer"  (Read 10941 times)

Description:

Offline partycentralpartygirl

• Show only replies by partycentralpartygirl
    • http://www.partycentralsupplies.com
Re: "Commodore USA has my money, I have no computer"
« Reply #74 from previous page: November 26, 2011, 07:49:48 PM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;669123
Why own the cow, when we get the milk for free?

Yeah your right, we do sell most of our stuff to the Americans. Plus I think a US invasion would be great because we haven't burned the White House down in a couple hundred years and I think most Canadians would like a chance to have a nice wiener roast and s'mores.

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2011, 07:56:18 PM »
Oh dear! It's all happening again!:lol:
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

Offline EDanaII

• Show only replies by EDanaII
    • http://www.EdwardGDanaII.info
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
Nuthin' to see here, folks! Move along!
Ed.

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »
Quote from: partycentralpartygirl;669115
Oh I see you are from the USA. Also known as Canada's shorts.
http://i.imgur.com/ffsM4.jpg
Pic is NSFW if your Boss has no sense of humor.  Click at your own risk.

Pissing on Cuba.

I rather like it in Florida.

Offline Templario

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2011, 11:27:38 PM »
This situation has happened to me with the Viva Amiga documentary, I paid 100 U$ and I didn't receive answer about if I'll get the documentary package.
I think that there are much hustlers in the Amiga community and that the Amiga doesn't give money.
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2011, 11:32:08 PM »
Quote from: Templario;669146
This situation has happened to me with the Viva Amiga documentary, I paid 100 U$ and I didn't receive answer about if I'll get the documentary package.
I think that there are much hustlers in the Amiga community and that the Amiga doesn't give money.

Yeah sometimes I honestly believe that I could run some of these outfits better myself. Then I remember that I run a business that sells products, generates a product and has satisfied customers and my belief changes to certainty.

Offline Templario

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2011, 11:41:19 PM »
Quote from: partycentralpartygirl;669147
Yeah sometimes I honestly believe that I could run some of these outfits better myself. Then I remember that I run a business that sells products, generates a product and has satisfied customers and my belief changes to certainty.
Also there are serious and professional people in the Amiga community, but the few bads do much harm in this difficult times for the Amiga.
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2011, 11:47:10 PM »
How did a party planner from Lethbridge (just south of me, ironically) become "the person" to reach out to a dejected C-USA customer that felt screwed over?  Why didn't C-USA deal with this, and post here?

1 + 1 is equaling 121.23 here, and I'm not even loaded yet.

What interest did you have in going to bat for this fellow that claims to have been screwed by C-USA on a sale (via the Reddit story), and why would you come here so fervently claiming it was "sorted out"?

How was it sorted out, and why didn't the person that ordered said computer from Commodore USA come here and let people know rather than some party planner that hasn't posted before, lol.  No disrespect intended, but it's more *******ed convoluted than an episode of Soap.

Offline Rob

« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2011, 12:18:47 AM »
Quote from: Duce;669059
Remember that guy that bought a C64x and his wifi wouldn't work, and his system was too physically hot to even touch?  I am sure he remembers it clearly.

Didn't some of the original Commodore 64s catch fire?  Maybe they overheat provide a more authentic experience.

« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2011, 01:23:40 AM »
Quote from: Duce;669150
How did a party planner from Lethbridge (just south of me, ironically) become "the person" to reach out to a dejected C-USA customer that felt screwed over?  Why didn't C-USA deal with this, and post here?

1 + 1 is equaling 121.23 here, and I'm not even loaded yet.

What interest did you have in going to bat for this fellow that claims to have been screwed by C-USA on a sale (via the Reddit story), and why would you come here so fervently claiming it was "sorted out"?

How was it sorted out, and why didn't the person that ordered said computer from Commodore USA come here and let people know rather than some party planner that hasn't posted before, lol.  No disrespect intended, but it's more *******ed convoluted than an episode of Soap.

I am a reddit member, saw this post on AO and decided to find out if he needed any assistance. I offered to try to contact C= via twitter since he apparently was having trouble communicating with them. It's basic Reddiquette to help out other Reddit members in need. I thought I could help him as I have helped my husband out when dealing with online vendors that have screwed up so I offered my assistance. Being nice and trying to help out your fellow man is not far-fetched in my life, but perhaps if you are a cold hearted and callous person you cannot fathom why I would offer to help a complete stranger. Anyways I am beginning to remember why I haven't posted anything on here since ~ 2001. Seriously guys give your head a shake.

« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2011, 01:32:20 AM »
Quote from: Templario;669149
Also there are serious and professional people in the Amiga community, but the few bads do much harm in this difficult times for the Amiga.

Oh yes I should have been more specific, the service I have received from Amigakit and Individual Computers have been beyond excellent and I'm sure there are other C= related companies that give excellent service. I do not think I could do better than them. I only mean I think that I can communicate and supply my customers better than the "bad apples" of C= related companies.

Offline Duce

« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2011, 02:44:48 AM »
You will have to forgive me then for not simply seeing your kind nature as such then - but C-USA on these forums have been nothing but insulting, patronizing and in some cases outright deceptive.  In some cases it's even bordered on complete harassment, one person that runs a prominent OS geared website that gave them bad press was slandered and called a homosexual, so anyone going to bat for said company raises a lot of eyebrows.  There's likely hundreds of threads on the popular Amiga forums sites that this has occurred at, collectively.  People have asked questions on their forums and got banned or outright patronized, etc.  The list goes on and on.

Anyone coming here swinging at bat in their name in any resemblance is generally seen as just an "alt" forums account of one of the C-USA minions - hence the reason you got accused of being Dammy virtually immediately.

« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2011, 04:07:57 AM »
Quote from: Duce;669172
You will have to forgive me then for not simply seeing your kind nature as such then - but C-USA on these forums have been nothing but insulting, patronizing and in some cases outright deceptive.  In some cases it's even bordered on complete harassment, one person that runs a prominent OS geared website that gave them bad press was slandered and called a homosexual, so anyone going to bat for said company raises a lot of eyebrows.  There's likely hundreds of threads on the popular Amiga forums sites that this has occurred at, collectively.  People have asked questions on their forums and got banned or outright patronized, etc.  The list goes on and on.

Anyone coming here swinging at bat in their name in any resemblance is generally seen as just an "alt" forums account of one of the C-USA minions - hence the reason you got accused of being Dammy virtually immediately.

Maybe you did not read my other comment that I have been here since the  beginning. I just do not post. I rarely post on message boards. I am  aware of all C=USA's shenanigans and their beef with osnews. I did not  defend them I just passed along the message that the two indeed had  spoken and that he was getting his C=64x, but as far as I know he does not have it yet. For a community that is  shrinking a more intelligent and logical move would be to greet "new"  members instead of insulting them. I am a part of the Amiga community  and have been since I upgraded from a Vic20 to a 500 but if I was just  coming in from Reddit and curious about the platform my curiousity would  have ended after meeting "the community" but as I have already been  visting this site daily for over a third of my lifetime I doubt I will  stop. Next time think carefully before you speak, the world will be a  better place for it.

Offline Boudicca

• Show only replies by Boudicca
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2011, 08:55:03 AM »
Quote from: partycentralpartygirl;669176
two indeed had  spoken and that he was getting his C=64x,

How can you possibly know that. Sorry coming quite late on this, if this is an agreement is still unsatisfied, the case is still pending, getting and got are two different premises. Your getting a million dollars, does not mean you got a million dollars.Until the this "Contract" has been satisfied by both parties no amount of  oh its all better now by anyone changes the situation. CUSA are legally obliged to explain to the customer where and when delivery will occur or provide a refund if this is not satisfactory. Post haste.

You can speculate or try to muddy the water but until either one or the other is satisfied, CUSA is liable.
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.

Offline Duce

« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2011, 11:19:56 AM »
I assure you, I did think very carefully "before I spoke", so can the patronizing tone.

If I hadn't, I would have simply said what everyone else familiar with the C-USA here was thinking, which is:

"Oh super, Barry enlisted the help of one of his forums drones to liven the mood and distract people on A.org away from the fact that a guy on Reddit reportedly was screwed out of a system he ordered in APRIL.  Was told it was being sent, then was upsold on the next model, couldn't get in touch with them again, now some random stranger is here to confirm said system is again 'in the mail' ".  

And the Reddit article stands as it did when it was linked earlier in this thread, with zero confirmation from the original poster and purchaser of this system that the system is being shipped.  If you feel I have been unfair to you, someone who has stated that you only wished to help the fellow having the issue with C-USA, I've already apologized if that is indeed true - but please spare me from the "world would be a better place" speech, lol.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 12:33:16 PM by Duce »

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2011, 01:03:31 PM »
I have a hard time taking this redditor seriously given that in a previous comment on the site he asks about having anal sex with a dental training robot. This could all just be a troll. It's just as likely that the guy never ordered a product as it is that CUSA hardcore dropped the ball.