Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Status report on AmigaOS 4.2 development  (Read 12335 times)

Description:

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
Status report on AmigaOS 4.2 development
« on: April 01, 2013, 02:05:56 AM »
News from Hyperion Entertainment.

You can read an update on the development status of some key components of AmigaOS 4.2 on Hyperion Entertainment's blog.

Here:

http://blog.hyperion-entertainment.biz/?p=863
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Re: Status report on AmigaOS 4.2 development
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 02:29:22 AM »
Any news on the netbook?
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline number6

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 12:54:57 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;730881
Any news on the netbook?

There's an ongoing thread:
starting with post #327

Some questions are being answered by those using the Hyperion corporate account.
The question about the netbook has been asked twice, with no answer yet.

Nevertheless, there seems to be a willingness since yesterday to answer some questions posed by the members.

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 04:44:45 PM »
Quote from: number6;730896
starting with post #327

Some questions are being answered by those using the Hyperion corporate account.

Nevertheless, there seems to be a willingness since yesterday to answer some questions posed by the members.

And who is answering the questions? Not just an account name, as we all know that account is shared. Is it the same person who said that OS4 was already running on the  netbook back in 2011?

Offline number6

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 05:17:26 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;730914
And who is answering the questions? Not just an account name, as we all know that account is shared. Is it the same person who said that OS4 was already running on the  netbook back in 2011?

AW staff has openly encouraged users of the account to sign their posts for reasons of credibility. They have obviously chosen not to.

Offline Terminills

• Grand Conspirator
    • Show only replies by Terminills
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 05:50:41 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;730914

I say the account was hacked.   Bet it's the same password for the blog and that is why there is even an update.  :rofl:
Support AROS sponsor a developer.

edited by mod: this has been addressed

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 06:24:25 PM »
Quote from: Terminills;730917
I say the account was hacked.   Bet it's the same password for the blog and that is why there is even an update.  :rofl:

Well technically you could be right.
But just in case you are, it's not me! :D

Offline gazgod

• Show only replies by gazgod
    • http://www.lincsamiga.org.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 09:42:16 PM »
Quote from: Terminills;730917

Surely if someone hacked the account they'd make up something worth reading!

Offline Rob

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 10:33:19 PM »
Quote from: number6;730896
starting with post #327

Ben H, assuming it's him, has always been willing to argue with those not so keen on OS4 but getting an answer about something like the netbook has never yielded an answer.

Offline Cass

• Show only replies by Cass
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 11:05:02 PM »
@ commodorejohn
It`s about SW.
"If we don't got it, you don't want it!"

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 11:45:34 PM »
Quote from: Rob;730930
Ben H, assuming it's him, has always been willing to argue with those not so keen on OS4 but getting an answer about something like the netbook has never yielded an answer.

because he has no answer that would satisfy you, man! get over with it.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 11:49:49 PM »
Quote from: number6;730915
AW staff has openly encouraged users of the account to sign their posts for reasons of credibility. They have obviously chosen not to.

whoever the guy is he doesnt seem to be a coder. rather a guy who knows to express himself in such a way, that it would be difficult to pin him down on something he seems to be suggesting.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 12:07:24 AM »
Quote from: Cass;730934
It`s about SW.
It is indeed - and they've left this absolutely huge hardware proposal unaddressed for nearly a year and a half now. If they're making announcements, I care more about knowing whether there will be an affordable OS4 machine sometime in the near future than about an update to an OS that only runs on machines I can't afford.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 06:30:54 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;730939
(snip)..... I care more about knowing whether there will be an affordable OS4 machine sometime in the near future than about an update to an OS that only runs on machines I can't afford.

+1

Part of the reason I stopped paying attention to their updates a long time ago.

Before people troll.....

I require a PC. Everything I do, requires one. None of the software applications I use run on an Amiga (and don't start with "alternative applications.") I work in the (sadly "dying") VFX industry and that means I use what they use.

The Amiga is a hobby for me. While I would like to have one as a personal web browsing machine (preferably a laptop), I'm not willing to spend 3gs for a machine, when I can build an 8 core 4ghz machine that's decked out for half that and does all I need it to do and more.

That's one thing I've never understood about the "Red Camp" and why the "Blue Camp" makes more headway with a user base: they listen to people.

*shakes head*
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 01:15:37 PM »
Quote from: Methuselas;730953
+1

Part of the reason I stopped paying attention to their updates a long time ago.

Before people troll.....

I require a PC. Everything I do, requires one. None of the software applications I use run on an Amiga (and don't start with "alternative applications.") I work in the (sadly "dying") VFX industry and that means I use what they use.

The Amiga is a hobby for me. While I would like to have one as a personal web browsing machine (preferably a laptop), I'm not willing to spend 3gs for a machine, when I can build an 8 core 4ghz machine that's decked out for half that and does all I need it to do and more.

That's one thing I've never understood about the "Red Camp" and why the "Blue Camp" makes more headway with a user base: they listen to people.

*shakes head*

Hi,

I am with you, I have been saying the exact same thing for the past 10 years and all I get is that I am a big troll.

But

You hit the nail right on the head.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better