Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5 CD for the AmigaONE X1000 "First Contact" system has gone GOLD!  (Read 11596 times)

Description:

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
News from A-EON Technology News Update e-mail

http://www.a-eon.com/

Wellington, 25th January 2012

AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5 CD for the AmigaONE X1000 "First Contact" system has gone GOLD!

A-EON Technology and Hyperion Entertainment are pleased to announce that the AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5 CD, exclusively created for the AmigaONE X1000 "First Contact" system has gone gold. The professionally re-mastered CD will be supplied in a printed boxed set along with copies of the AmigaONE X1000 and AmigaOS 4.1 "Quick Start" guides. Steven Solie, Hyperion Entertainment's AmigaOS Development Team Lead said, "The team worked hard to reach this important milestone in the development of the Amiga Operating System. With AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5 completed for the AmigaONE X1000 we can concentrate on versions for all the other supported hardware platforms as we continue to push towards the future release of AmigaOS 4.2." Trevor Dickinson added, "I would like to thank the AmigaOS developers and the whole AmigaONE X1000 betatest team who have worked so tirelessly behinds the scenes to make this a reality. I would also like to give special thanks to a few key members of the team who went above and beyond the "call of duty" to ensure the success of this project. You know who you are." The AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5 boxed set will be supplied to all AmigaONE X1000 "First Contact" customers who will also receive a free update to AmigaOS 4.2 when it is commercially released by Hyperion Entertainment.

AmigaONE X1000 "First Contact" systems now shipping

A-EON Technology and AmigaKit are pleased to announced that the deliveries of AmigaONE X1000 "First Contact" systems have commenced. Matthew Leaman, Managing Director of AmigaKit commented, "we are pleased to finally supply this eagerly awaited AmigaONE computer system to our customers". Trevor Dickinson added, "I have just received my own AmigaONE X1000 system and I hope "First Contact" owners will have as much fun as I'm having with my new "Amiga". All that remains to be said is let's "keep this part going!"

A-EON Technology

About AmigaKit:  AmigaKit is a trading division of Leaman Computing Ltd based in Cardiff, UK. It acquired the stock of Eyetech Group Ltd in 2006 and quickly established itself as a world-wide market leader in the retail and distribution of Amiga hardware and software. A-EON Technology appointed AmigaKit as its primary distributor for all its AmigaONE products.

About A-EON Technology and the AmigaONE X1000:  A-EON Technology is the developer of the AmigaONE X1000 computer system designed by Varisys Ltd for running the AmigaOS. The AmigaOne X1000 is not like other computers. It is a culmination of efforts by real Amiga enthusiasts and developers to create powerful, modern desktop hardware for the Amiga Operating System. It is the natural evolution of the Amiga's PowerPC lineage and is based on the PA-Semi Dual-core PA6T-1682M CPU and includes Xena, a "Software Defined Silicon" co-processor. Above all it runs the latest version of the AmigaOS.

About Hyperion Entertainment:   Hyperion Entertainment is the developer of the AmigaOS.

AmigaKit website: http://www.amigakit.com/
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 03:29:01 PM by SysAdmin »
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
Quote from: Transition;677857
"Trevor Dickinson added, I have just received my own AmigaONE X1000 system and I hope "First Contact" owners will have as much fun as I'm having with my new "AmigaOne".

There, I corrected it for you! :)

Anyways, good news for the X1000 customers...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 05:27:14 PM by takemehomegrandma »
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
How does "re-mastered" apply for a data disc?
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline drHirudo

• Show only replies by drHirudo
    • http://hirudov.com
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;677859
There, I corrected it for you! :)

Anyways, good news for the X1000 customers...

Damn, I would had a bet today that you will be the first to post on AmigaOS 4.1 news item.
Piru is slow these days. Shame on him.

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
Quote from: drHirudo;677862
Piru is slow these days.
There's nothing to comment in this news item. Well, other than it lacks all vital information, but one has grown to expect that from these PR stunt announcements.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 02:17:54 PM by Piru »

Offline Piru

Quote from: drHirudo;677862
Piru is slow these days.
There's nothing to comment in this news item. Well, other than it lacks all vital information, but one has grown to expect that from these PR stunt announcements.

Offline billyfish

• Show only replies by billyfish
Quote from: Piru;677864

Lacks *all* vital information? Er, other than the latest os update is ready for the X1000 and that the systems are now shipping?!?! You're right, there's no information there at all, sigh...

Offline Piru

Quote from: billyfish;677865
Lacks *all* vital information?
The title of item is "AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5 CD for the AmigaONE X1000 "First Contact" system has gone GOLD"

The subject topic is the update 5 CD for X1000. Thus, one would at lest expect to hear what are the improvements in the update 5, if any.

Additionally one would at least expect to learn what HW will be supported by this update.

• Does this update enable the 2nd CPU core to be used?
  • Does this update enable the use of more than 2GB of the system memory?
  • Does this update enable built-in audio?
  • Does this update enable built-in SATA?
  • Does this update enable built-in USB?
  • Is there 3D support for the graphics cards included?
  • Does this update enable/utilize the much praised XMOS chip?

I for one would be quite interested to hear what exactly can be expected from the system while waiting for the mysterious 4.2 release.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 02:30:17 PM by Piru »

Offline number6

Quote from: Piru;677866
The title of item is "AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5 CD for the AmigaONE X1000 "First Contact" system has gone GOLD"

The subject topic is the update 5 CD for X1000. Thus, one would at lest expect to hear what are the improvements in the update 5, if any.

Additionally one would at least expect to learn what HW will be supported by this update.

• Does this update enable the 2nd CPU core to be used?
  • Does this update enable the use of more than 2GB of the system memory?
  • Does this update enable built-in audio?
  • Does this update enable built-in SATA?
  • Does this update enable built-in USB?
  • Is there 3D support for the graphics cards included?
  • Does this update enable/utilize the much praised XMOS chip?

I for one would be quite interested to hear what exactly can be expected from the system while waiting for the mysterious 4.2 release.

A-Eon=hardware - Hyperion=software

A-Eon talking about s/w is akin to Apple talking about MorphOS. It makes no sense.
I'm sure the Hyperion blog will cover what you are asking.

Offline BillE

• Show only replies by BillE
Quote from: Piru;677863

How is it a PR stunt ?

They have announced the availability of the X1000, what do you expect them to say, it is NOT ready yet ?

Some so called "Amiga" users are just so negative about anything that isn't 20 years old or more.

BTW. My X1000 has been running very nicely for a while now :-)

Offline wawrzon

Quote from: number6;677868
A-Eon=hardware - Hyperion=software

A-Eon talking about s/w is akin to Apple talking about MorphOS. It makes no sense.
I'm sure the Hyperion blog will cover what you are asking.

but this is exactly a-eon talking about software, isnt it?

Offline Piru

Quote from: BillE;677871
My X1000 has been running very nicely for a while now :-)
Can you answer those questions then? Oh wait, I forgot, you're under NDA...

I guess it's up to the end users to find out for themselves what they're stuck with.

Am I really THAT unreasonable to think this situation just stinks?

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
Another question this PR raises is:

Ssolie previously said that OS4.1.3, OS4.1.4 and OS4.1.5 was all planned as part of his "frequent update releases" scheme, but this new PR almost sounds like the OS4.1.5 will only be for the X1000, and the new version for all the other supported hardware platforms will be OS4.2.0? So which one is it? Will OS4.1.5 be released as a bugfix update for existing OS4.1.4 users as well, and will it finally be an ISO (or maybe they will get the CD as well)? Or if no bugfix release will follow OS4.1.4 for existing OS4 users, will OS4.2.0 be a free upgrade for them as well, or was 4.1.4 how far the existing users will come without having to buy the OS once again at the release of OS4.2.0?
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline Matt_H

Piru has a point - it is lacking those details.
Nonetheless, this is an important milestone. Congrats, guys!

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
So many words, so little content.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook