Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RunInUAE r5 released - Just double-click to run inside UAE!  (Read 9475 times)

Description:

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
RunInUAE is the easiest & most fool-proof way to run Classic (68k) Amiga games & software on AmigaOS4, especially if you have an AmigaForever CD.

This release has various small improvements to RunInUAE:
* Reduced the need for an Amiga Forever CD (just supply your own Kickstart files.)
* Improved WHDLoad compatibility.
* Improved E-UAE compatibility, accuracy & performance.
* Fixed an installation bug.
* Fixed RunInUAE to (hopefully!) work on Update 3 of OS4.1.
* Added support for DMS disk images.
* and more![/b]

You can download it from here:
RunInUAE.lha

Details of the changes:
* If you do not have an Amiga Forever CD, you no-longer have to supply files from a Workbench 3.1 disk (as a suitable fake WB3.1 will be created).

* Improved WHDLoad compatibility, by adding the "kick34005.A500" & "kick40068.A1200" files, which are needed by some games (such as Lucas Arts adventures).

* Various tweaks to E-UAE's configuration, to improve emulation compatibility, accuracy & performance. Heavily based on DAX's suggestions.

* Fixed an installation bug where RunInUAE might not run right automatically (until it had been run once manually).

* Improved patching of Workbench, to hopefully work on all versions of OS4, including Update 3 for OS4.1.

* Added support for DMS disk images (works the same as ADFs).

* Added option to not change Workbench 3.1's screenmode prefs.

* Added a Help menu item (also recognises the Help key).

* Mason's pretty icons are now used for folders & E-UAE's icon.

What is RunInUAE?
RunInUAE is intended to make it incredibly easy to run old Amiga games on Amiga OS4, and it comes with an easy installer, so that you can:

* Run almost any HD installed 68k game (or program) inside E-UAE, by simply double-clicking on it! Including WHDLoad & JOTD JST installed games.

* Run ADF & DMS games by double-clicking them. (Needs a little bit of manual set-up if you don't have at least OS4.1 Update 1.) Otherwise just drag & drop them onto RunInUAE's icon in AmiDock or it's AppIcon.

* Run CD32 & CDTV games from real or virtual CDs. (Compatibility is not great.)

* The installer can set-up E-UAE with full-speed Sam-optimised settings. But it can also use your existing E-UAE settings if you want.

* The installer will copy the necessary Kickstart ROMs off an Amiga Forever CD, if you don't already have them installed.

* You do *not* need to set-up any assignments, nor create or edit any cryptic scripts or config files, for it to work! (Unlike alternative solutions.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:32:21 PM by SysAdmin »
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: RunInUAE r5 released - Just double-click to run inside UAE!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 07:50:54 PM »
Ok, so this sets up a seamless, transparent environment for classic AOS software, right?

So I can now run DPaint V on OS4.1 and (other then a few bugs that still need to be worked out) it will run just as if I were running on a classic Amiga?  That's rather cool!

Have there been benchmark tests to compare the speed and resource management?
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline Varthall

• Show only replies by Varthall
Re: RunInUAE r5 released - Just double-click to run inside UAE!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 10:21:46 AM »
Quote from: J-Golden;649575
Ok, so this sets up a seamless, transparent environment for classic AOS software, right?

So I can now run DPaint V on OS4.1 and (other then a few bugs that still need to be worked out) it will run just as if I were running on a classic Amiga?  That's rather cool!

Last time I tried DPaint V it worked under OS 4.1, apart for a problem with menu items (they were black on black).
AmigaOne XE - AmigaOS 4.1 - Freescale 7457 1GHz - 1GB ram
MPlayer for OS4: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayer-amigaos/