Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A cautionary warning note for anti Amiga, AROS & MorphOS trolls  (Read 14248 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: A cautionary warning note for anti Amiga, AROS & MorphOS trolls
« Reply #134 from previous page: October 24, 2010, 10:33:22 PM »
Guys, I have been censored on the Natami site for repeating things Gunnar posted and accusing him of unfair bias.
I was just censored two days ago for defending A-eon and Acubes pricing (I used to manage a company that sold low volume systems we built ourselves and it was damned expensive). Then again, I probably shouldn't have suggested that the Austrailian I was responding to was talking out his ass when he apparently had no understanding of ecomonies of scale. But think about it, I got a one day suspension of posting and a warning notice for defending the manufacturers of AOS4 hardware (and I'm a MofrphOS user)!

The point I'm trying to make is HERE if my comment was a little off color BUT I had a POINT, the worst that might happen is a warning from a moderator.

I love a little humor or attitude thrown into the mix and I've come to respect the opinions of many of you that I've had past disagreements with. I don't care what system you use (as long as it isn't Windows or OSX), I'm just glad you're supporting some segment of our market. Because that's now the point! It's OUR market. We have three deirivitive OS' and still see development on legacy systems and software. And think about it Bill McEwen can't selling AOS (and we all know CUSA's plans on using the Amiga name have little influence on our futures).

I think we all agree to disagree here, but as fractious as we can be (and occassionally down right silly) I don't see much real trolling here.
So, instead of saying something over the top (like I love you guys), let me just congradulate you on participating in tne of the few Amiga related forums that isn't totally f**ked up.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:38:38 PM by Iggy »
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2010, 10:36:43 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;586836

The point I'm trying to make is HERE if my comment was a little off color BUT I had a POINT, the worst that might happen is a warning from a moderator.

I love a little humor or attitude thrown into the mix and I've come to respect the opinions of many of you that I've had past disagreements with.

Ditto.
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2010, 11:22:33 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;586784
You lot seem determined to make me lock this thread :-/

I for one am done discussing this.

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2010, 11:33:36 PM »
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE! STFU already!
Consistantly the same peeps keep this thread going.
I'm glad you're not in charge of 3rd world armed countries!
This is EXACTLY the dribble people hate! You geniuses that think you are the masters of the universe with the use of the english language to preach diatribe are unbearable!

On the other hand, I always enjoy everyone's contribution to this site. Posts that don't interest me - I don't read. Simple as that. And as far as trolls go... regular members usually put them in there place real fast anyway. Besides, Transition's threat didn't seem to be aimed at drive-by trolls.... I think the offending member(s) know who they are. And for all those that need an explanation for every term, phrase or even euphemism, by a dictionary or consult a therapist!

And HAVE A NICE DAY!
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline Tension

« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2010, 12:57:44 AM »
Locking threads isn't a very 'Amiga.org' thing to do. Does seem to be happening these days though...

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2010, 01:09:43 AM »
holy cow!
FOUR PAGES!!!!!

DO i GET A COOKIE FOR READING THE WHOLE THREAD?

:)
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2010, 01:12:23 AM »

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2010, 11:56:28 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;586503
Keep this site the way it was when Wayne was in charge, that's all I ask.
The problem is -- and it's one that's difficult to see unless you're standing where I am -- it's not the site, or it's running that has changed.  It's the community as a whole.

A lot of people are now (finally) reaching that threshold between having a lot of friends here, and accepting that the Amiga isn't going to be the next Windows competitor.

Yeah, I know, it's 2010, not 1993, but I'm serious.  A lot of people in this community still believe that the Amiga still has a shot as a commercial platform, and the resulting backlash has very much become like a virus.

One devoted follower "gets it" and gets depressed about it, he shares that depression with two friends.  They "get it" and share it with four friends, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.  

In the end, what you end up with is a few dozen people who are still hanging around because they always have, and spreading their discontent to everyone else because they can't see the Amiga having a future any more.

Honestly, it's one of the smaller reasons that I left.  I -- like most of the troublemakers here -- just got to where, even if I wanted to be helpful, I found myself being more negative in replies than I thought was justified.

That being said, the owners aren't changing anything.  

They're just taking the same stance against the negative trolling that I should/would have taken had I stayed.  Trouble is, at the end of my ownership here, I honestly didn't care enough to do so any more, so in that regard, the new owners are 10 steps up on me.
//* Signature Free *//

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2010, 11:55:13 PM »
If your just a regular member of Amiga.org you should not read to much into this caution note. Truth be told no one knows how well Amiga OS 4.x & MorphOS will sell tomorrow. No one can say how many will or will not install AROS. There are trolls who sole mission seems to be trying to damage MorphOS & Amiga OS 4.x sales. We are just putting them on notice that their FUD campains are not welcome here and they might find their accounts no longer work if they insist on verbal malice and harm to others. Developers have spent many long hard hours making AROS, MorphOS & Amiga OS. Their efforts appreciated.