Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How on EARTH do i get shapeshifter going?  (Read 16359 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: How on EARTH do i get shapeshifter going?
« Reply #29 from previous page: April 03, 2018, 09:06:09 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;838204
(the myth that it's faster is inaccurate, but the difference is in the realm of %25).

Funny you should say that as I just watched this video on that very subject lol

https://youtu.be/Jph0gxzL3UI
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline RCtech

• Show only replies by RCtech
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2018, 09:05:52 PM »
Hello, actually I'm in the same state. I managed to configure my  A1200/060 that Shapeshifter boots to the blinking ? disk symbol to  insert a bootable media. I want to install a 7.6 system first, because I  need it on my A1200/030, too. These are my plans:

- Using 2nd CompactFlash card with 300 MB Amiga partition for Shapeshifter folder and storage (install ISO), the rest is the HFS/HFS+ partition
- 16 GB card for System 7.6, one boot partition, two or three other partitions.
- 32 GB card for System 8, one boot partition, three or four other partitions.

So I need the system tools disk for partitioning first, but I haven't found it yet.
Second  problem, I don't have a CD-ROM on my A1200. I tried with some  ISO-mounting with the file-handler, but I presume my AsimCDFS wasn't  properly installed. It's a long time ago; my Amiga 1200 was defective  and got repaired a month ago. Now, after 12 years I can use it again :)  Of course, some memories have gone missing, especcially because I never used a  CD-ROM on the A1200.

So, does have anyone ideas and a source for the Mac's hard drive partitioning disk?

Offline stefcep2

• Show only replies by stefcep2
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2018, 02:29:46 PM »
Quote from: RCtech;838401
Hello, actually I'm in the same state. I managed to configure my  A1200/060 that Shapeshifter boots to the blinking ? disk symbol to  insert a bootable media. I want to install a 7.6 system first, because I  need it on my A1200/030, too. These are my plans:

- Using 2nd CompactFlash card with 300 MB Amiga partition for Shapeshifter folder and storage (install ISO), the rest is the HFS/HFS+ partition
- 16 GB card for System 7.6, one boot partition, two or three other partitions.
- 32 GB card for System 8, one boot partition, three or four other partitions.

So I need the system tools disk for partitioning first, but I haven't found it yet.
Second  problem, I don't have a CD-ROM on my A1200. I tried with some  ISO-mounting with the file-handler, but I presume my AsimCDFS wasn't  properly installed. It's a long time ago; my Amiga 1200 was defective  and got repaired a month ago. Now, after 12 years I can use it again :)  Of course, some memories have gone missing, especcially because I never used a  CD-ROM on the A1200.

So, does have anyone ideas and a source for the Mac's hard drive partitioning disk?

The 16gb and 32 gb may give your problems:

http://lowendmac.com/2014/maximum-hard-drive-size/

Download this iso:

https://archive.org/details/cu-amiga-super-cd-rom-21

It has mac hardfiles and system 7..  enough to get you going, provided you can get them off the CD and on to your amiga.  I did it with a real CDROM in my A1200 and A4000.

Offline bbond007

• Show only replies by bbond007
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 07:52:07 PM »
Quote from: jsixis;838203
don't bother, I wasted a year of my life getting that to run on my Amiga 3000 with a Warp 040 board and while I suceeded in getting the mac to boot it was quite pathetic.
 You can buy a working mac that will be faster for $300.

I used it on an Amiga 2000 with PP&S 040/28 and CV643D video card and it ran quite excellent.