Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AMiGA 4K-Tower trouble. Pls Help!  (Read 515 times)

Description:

Offline FrankBranaTopic starter

• Show only replies by FrankBrana
AMiGA 4K-Tower trouble. Pls Help!
« on: January 01, 2005, 02:15:12 AM »
Hello!

My main system is a Amiga 4000-T with MK-II-060, Ariadne-II, Fast-ATA, and PicassoIV+PalomaTV+Concierto, running OS3.9 which used to work fine but its seems to have somewhat problem lately.

The system comes up well, as usual, but now, when I start the PalomaTV, the Amiga opens the TV window in black and hangs up. Beside this, no sound comes from the concierto (only some very low interference noises coming from the amplifier, which is normal). I have tested the sound comming from the PicassoIV itself, but no sound either. The sound comming from the Amiga´s paula seems to work perfect.

I have tested the PicassoIV and its modules in my other Amiga (Amiga 4K-D) which seems to work excellent. BTW, I think it's a 4KT Zorro related problem. I saw a leaking capacitor at the end of the second Zorro slot (where I always put the PicassoIV card, since all other Zorro slots are used), so I changed this item for a new one, but the problem persists.

I think it must be a small silly problem, but I don't know were to start looking for. Can anyone please give me an idea ? I'll be very gratefull for any help.

Thank you and very happy new year  :)

GoTech.

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
Re: AMiGA 4K-Tower trouble. Pls Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 11:28:01 AM »
Frank

Have you tried the PIV on its own, in the other Zorro slot with in-line video slot in the A4000T?
If your PIV is already split (the video connector is separate from the card) then you can test other zorro slots too.

What happens if you put the Ariadne in the zorro slot where the PIV was? Does the Ariadne work then?

Offline FrankBranaTopic starter

• Show only replies by FrankBrana
Re: AMiGA 4K-Tower trouble. Pls Help!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 07:19:28 PM »
Thx you very much.

Broken conductor trace under the first zorro slot.

I dunno how it could be done, but its repaired now an all its working like a charm.

Best Regards and thank you very much

-Frank