Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Video/Keyboard/mouse wireless  (Read 1084 times)

Description:

Offline kamelitoTopic starter

Video/Keyboard/mouse wireless
« on: June 21, 2014, 03:08:38 PM »
Hi,

Is it possible to have an AmigaOne in one room and use a keyboard/mouse and monitor on another room via wifi ?
As I've very little space at home that would be a good fit to use an AmigaOne since no laptop are running OS4.1.
Is this possible?

Kamelito

Offline Matt_H

Re: Video/Keyboard/mouse wireless
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 06:38:54 PM »
I see two possibilities:
1. VNC, which will be slow
2. Wireless USB mouse and keyboard, which may not have enough range, depending on how far away the second room is, and some sort of wireless VGA (or DVI?) broadcaster. The challenge with that will be finding such a broadcaster that is system-independent (i.e., no drivers required), is not absurdly expensive, and exists. It seems like the kind of thing that should exist, but I'm not sure it does.

Offline A6000

• Show only replies by A6000
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 06:50:21 PM »
How big is your Amigaone, can you not put it under the desk, under your seat or behind the monitor?

Offline kamelitoTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 08:28:01 PM »
Quote from: A6000;767269
How big is your Amigaone, can you not put it under the desk, under your seat or behind the monitor?

The AmigaOne is not bought yet :) I just seek for feasibility first as my desk is very thin and if I put a tower or pizza like desktop my wife will kill me.

I also thought of VNC afterward us a PI could be an idea if I don't care about video/game apps.
As the room is just behind the wall wireless broadcast could be a solution.
I could also buy a Morphos license as I've a PB but I wanna try OS 4.1
Kamel
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 08:32:20 PM by kamelito »