Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: powerpc.library lockup on boot  (Read 302 times)

Description:

Offline matt3kTopic starter

powerpc.library lockup on boot
« on: February 04, 2017, 02:44:33 PM »
I have a 3000D with a mediator 3000Di with radeon, etc.

Installed the Cyberstorm PPC, and it booted fine.  Once I installed the warpos (5.1) it locks up when workbench gets started.

I played with the env variables.  If I remove the powerpc.library, it works fine.

guest11527

Re: powerpc.library lockup on boot
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 05:07:46 PM »
Quote from: matt3k;821519
Installed the Cyberstorm PPC, and it booted fine.  Once I installed the warpos (5.1) it locks up when workbench gets started.

I played with the env variables.  If I remove the powerpc.library, it works fine.

Yes. The observation is correct. WarpUp and PowerUp do not harmonize and cannot be used together.

Sorry, but the question is?

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 06:22:18 PM »
Quote from: Thomas Richter;821527
Yes. The observation is correct. WarpUp and PowerUp do not harmonize and cannot be used together.

Sorry, but the question is?

Hi Tom,

The PowerPC.library came from the installation of warpos, should I not be using it?

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 11:54:11 PM »
Quote from: matt3k;821519

I played with the env variables.

That's way too much details ;)

ppc.library and powerpc.library can not be used at the same time. Remove ppc.library from LIBS: if it is installed, undo whatever you did with the WarpOS env variables or delete them and reinstall WarpOS.

Then try again.

picture.datatype in AmigaOS 3.5/3.9 is using the ppc for some operations if WarpOS is installed. If you have a background picture for your Workbench configured, that might explain the 'when' of the lockup.

As to why it locks up: no idea. Maybe some other software is being ran at startup that makes use of ppc.library instead of powerpc.library?

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 04:40:15 AM »
LOL.

Ok, good point.  I played with force and graphics making them both 1.  

I don't have a ppc.library only the powerpc.library.

I reinstalled and now it only locks up whenever a graphic is loaded, like with multiview or set as a backdrop.

Quote from: cgutjahr;821555
That's way too much details ;)

ppc.library and powerpc.library can not be used at the same time. Remove ppc.library from LIBS: if it is installed, undo whatever you did with the WarpOS env variables or delete them and reinstall WarpOS.

Then try again.

picture.datatype in AmigaOS 3.5/3.9 is using the ppc for some operations if WarpOS is installed. If you have a background picture for your Workbench configured, that might explain the 'when' of the lockup.

As to why it locks up: no idea. Maybe some other software is being ran at startup that makes use of ppc.library instead of powerpc.library?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 04:55:14 AM by matt3k »

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 05:41:01 AM »
Quote from: matt3k;821559

I reinstalled and now it only locks up whenever a graphic is loaded, like with multiview or set as a backdrop.

So it's a datatypes issue?

If it were me I'd switch to the WarpDT's, to take advantage of your additional processing power. They're well worth the registration price! :)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos