Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Retro Computer?  (Read 1063 times)

Description:

Offline RabbiTopic starter

• Show only replies by Rabbi
New Retro Computer?
« on: December 02, 2014, 04:14:29 PM »
I just came across this:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sinclair-zx-spectrum-vega

What do you all think about it?

My first computer was a T/S 1000 in 1983.  Eventually, I got a T/S 2068 & then added the 3" CF2 "flippy" disk system to it, the Portuguese FDD3000, which also had CP/M 2.2
--------------------------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
===================================================================
Computer used:     Amiga A1200 (NTSC version) with 128 MB ...

Offline wrath of khan

• Show only replies by wrath of khan
Re: New Retro Computer?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 11:50:58 PM »
Bit gimmicky!

Offline toRus

• Show only replies by toRus
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 11:37:05 AM »
It got funded in 2 days. 100000+ UKP. I never understood why we (the Amiga community or the few existing companies involved) haven't had meaningful hardware (NG or retro) and software crowdfunding projects all these years. We were supposed to be the best of the best weren't we ? Don't get me wrong, books, joysticks, empty cases, icons, wallpapers are cool but there is much more out there that I wish would be done.

Offline gunni

• Show only replies by gunni
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 09:40:08 PM »
I was looking at the Spectrum Vega link the other day... I just don't get it. They are saying it will be compatible with every Spectrum game ever made, yet the games are going to have to be modified to work with the device I presume given it's lack of keyboard and the fact that you usually had to select Sinclair or Kempston joystick or keyboard controls before starting most of the Speccy games I ever played and its not like you selected those options with the joystick either so hows that gonna work?

Well done to them getting it funded in 2 days but for 100 quid I'd be expecting a bit more than a joypad that plays speccy games. They should have teamed up with Elite for their kickstarter speccy https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/952953995/bluetooth-zx-spectrum-recreating-the-sinclair-zx-s - now that would have been something interesting.

Offline wrath of khan

• Show only replies by wrath of khan
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 09:43:59 PM »
This does posit the possibility of an Amiga retro system. If low grade stuff like this can get funded, imagine what a proper amiga system could raise, if handled properly.