Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: News on the X1000!  (Read 19361 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
Re: News on the X1000!
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2011, 10:29:51 PM »
Boing ball branded merchandise for the fan boys, rebranded white mice, Linux, yada yada and whatever smoke screens. To sum up the *essentials* of this "news"; the project has been pushed back even further, and people can only speculate of the reasons. It could be problems with HW, problems with OS, or for whatever other problem, but *some* kind of problem disrupted the time scheme yet again.

Now beta testers are said to get their boards during Q2 instead. After that, there ought to be a reasonable time frame to actually beta test the thing, and to correct any bugs reported by the participants in the beta test program, right? Given this, when can a consumer release be expected? Late Q3? Q4? In time for Christmas 2011?

I don't think many of us are particularly surprised, and it's kind of funny how it follows the "Amiga One" tradition in more ways than the name. But other than this, there is nothing new to see here, so can we please leave it now and move on? This one doesn't even have any "popcorn value"...
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2011, 10:37:14 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;620449
.... But other than this, there is nothing new to see here, so can we please leave it now and move on? This one doesn't even have any "popcorn value"...

hmmm why did anyone force you to enter a thread entitled "News on the X1000" :angry:
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2011, 10:53:24 PM »
Quote from: klx300r;620451
hmmm why did anyone force you to enter a thread entitled "News on the X1000" :angry:

Eh, *nobody* forced me, what do you mean? I'm just commenting the fact that there aren't really any news here, only smoke and noise, and what we have is yet another pointless discussion about the "x1000" based on nothing but void and speculations, which is, frankly put, quite meaningless. The thing has quarterly been postponed one quarter for how many quarters now? Jeeez... But by all means, go ahead and continue these derailed speculations then! I mean, "What can be *the real* reason to its delays?"...
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2011, 11:08:53 PM »
I agree that its all more smoke and nonsense. This is not news. A REAL release date would be news. Releasing benchmarks against a comparable mac, linux or windows pc would be news.

Lets see, posting some videos of the thing actually working and running software would be news.

Announcing that it will have a browser as capable as my 3 year old phone(or better) would be news.

Saying sorry no release date, no we won't discuss where we are getting this niche processor, or in what quantities, sorry we won't give any reason for the year+ delay in release... Thats just bullshit.

If they are already on a second revision board... Something major didn't work in the initial board design, can you guess what that is?

If anyone actually paid them money for this nightmare in advance of release, I think they will be pretty surprised at how incredible shitty this thing currently is, with little hope of being salvaged.

There is a reason they are making people sign non disclosure agreements. They don't want you posting here or elsewhere how much this POS crashes and how slow it is, or how it barely works for 30 minutes before heat problems cause a shutdown, and thats if it boots at all.

GURU meditations indeed.

Steven

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2011, 12:29:13 AM »
>Saying sorry no release date, no we won't discuss where we are getting  this niche processor, or in what quantities, sorry we won't give any  reason for the year+ delay in release... Thats just bullshit.

On this we really agree Haywire. When I talked to a Varisys employee, he told me A-eon had to source their own processors, now Trevor says they were obtained through Varisys? And since PA Semi is now owned by Apple, how long will the PA6T be available?
Don't pin your hopes on this one guys. It sounded neat on paper, but its rapidly becoming pointless.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline lsmart

• Show only replies by lsmart
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2011, 04:46:15 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;620460
This is not news. A REAL release date would be news. Releasing benchmarks against a comparable mac, linux or windows pc would be news.

You obvously don´t know much about making hardware in small quantities. Slipping for a year when you found a bug in a board is very common. How can they know a release board if the Beta-Testers haven´t started their work yet?

Benchmarks at this point would be complete garbage. All you could have were estimates and they wouldn´t help you much - calculate for yourself.

There is a lot of information about the state of affairs in that post. And if anyone can ever built a new AmigaOne it´s these guys!

If you don´t like AmigaOne computers - fine, stick with classics or whatever. But I don´t see why you are criticizing a product for being late that harsh.

I for one would welcome the updated specs on the nemo2, if I find that at some point of the year I have enough cash to get it.

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2011, 07:00:16 AM »
Quote from: lsmart;620533
You obvously don´t know much about making hardware in small quantities. Slipping for a year when you found a bug in a board is very common. How can they know a release board if the Beta-Testers haven´t started their work yet?

Excuse me but you are inventing your own theories.

Nobody said there is a bug in the board. This revision 2 was finalized 9 months ago and nobody said there has been new revision since then.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline Tension

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2011, 10:12:20 AM »
Quote from: actung_bab;620441
WHy dont you rent the movie finding nemo
yeah maybe bruce the shark ibm and other shark mac and your the dentist duaghter hehe
and amiga 1000 is marlyn

actually cr is also prefix for some best racing motorcross bikes and pure racing designs from
honda they rock

Pardon?

Offline actung_bab

• Show only replies by actung_bab
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2011, 10:30:23 AM »
Quote from: Tension;620579
Pardon?
oh your   such a wit arent you , whats matter got no nuts to reply
or just your always right oh yeah typical
Acthung baby
http://telnet://midnight-blue.dyndns.org
Cnet 4.60 PRO bbs software
Amiga 1200 020 14 mhz mbz 1200 z pcmcia network card 4 meg ram 2 Gb scandisk cf
Amiga 2000 020
Amiga 4000 030 25 mhz broken
Amiga x 4 1200
x 6 Sony Ps 3 Orginal 60 gb 4  port usb 160 gb hd (os 4.1 ready :-)
what can i say i like thse machines
x 3 XBOX 360 1x xbox 360 slim
url=http://avatars.jurko.net][/

Offline Tension

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2011, 10:31:08 AM »
Quote from: actung_bab;620585
oh your   such a wit arent you , whay matter got no nuts to reply

Are you fucking mental???

Offline actung_bab

• Show only replies by actung_bab
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2011, 10:32:17 AM »
are you ? irish prick
Acthung baby
http://telnet://midnight-blue.dyndns.org
Cnet 4.60 PRO bbs software
Amiga 1200 020 14 mhz mbz 1200 z pcmcia network card 4 meg ram 2 Gb scandisk cf
Amiga 2000 020
Amiga 4000 030 25 mhz broken
Amiga x 4 1200
x 6 Sony Ps 3 Orginal 60 gb 4  port usb 160 gb hd (os 4.1 ready :-)
what can i say i like thse machines
x 3 XBOX 360 1x xbox 360 slim
url=http://avatars.jurko.net][/

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2011, 10:33:28 AM »
OOoooh... handbags at twenty paces ladies... :lol:

Offline Tension

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2011, 10:49:38 AM »
Quote from: actung_bab;620589
are you ? irish prick

I'd love to jump on your face you fucking spastic.  Learn to speak the fucking language or stop posting shite that doesn't even make sense.  Now fuck off.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2011, 10:55:08 AM »
Quote from: Tension;620591
I'd love to jump on your face you fucking spastic.  Learn to speak the fucking language or stop posting shite that doesn't even make sense.  Now fuck off.

Oi! Only i can criticise other peoples spelling and grammer on A.org!
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2011, 11:26:51 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;620592
Oi! Only i can criticise other peoples spelling and grammer on A.org!

:roflmao: When are you going to realise ya numptie it's "GRAMMAR" not "GRAMMER"... :roflmao:

Queen Spelling Bee my rear end... :D

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
« Reply #74 from previous page: March 09, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »
Please guys, let's all take a break and walk away for a bit.  Maybe, go get a pint. :pint:
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?