Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OK, we've all seen Amiga.org.........  (Read 2372 times)

Description:

Offline commodore_jim

• Show only replies by commodore_jim
Re: OK, we've all seen Amiga.org.........
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 21, 2002, 05:39:34 PM »
@amigamad: "atari users were always miles behind amiga users although i like atari st,s they give us something laugh at. "

I don't think us Amiga owners have too much to laugh at these days. The Amiga is hardly king of the hill any more.

While I agree that the Amiga was superior in most ways to the ST, the Atari workhorse was still a good home computer and a worthy competitor to the Amiga. At least the ST's existence lead to diversity and competition in the marketplace - which is more than we can say about today's.

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2002, 06:29:13 PM »

commodore_jim wrote:
@amigamad: "atari users were always miles behind amiga users although i like atari st,s they give us something laugh at. "

I don't think us Amiga owners have too much to laugh at these days. The Amiga is hardly king of the hill any more.

While I agree that the Amiga was superior in most ways to the ST, the Atari workhorse was still a good home computer and a worthy competitor to the Amiga. At least the ST's existence lead to diversity and competition in the marketplace - which is more than we can say about today's.

To quote Petro Tyschtschenko (in 1999 btw):  "Amiga never has competition. Amiga is unique".

Personally, I think Amiga could easily make a comeback if they try hard enough.
These AmigaOnes are just the start.
When/if OS5 comes along we will find out whether it will make a comeback.

By the original Amiga Inc release dates, OS5 should be coming out now (December 2002).
Still, Amiga themselves admitted they were 18 months behind schedule.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2002, 06:37:16 PM »
SmartAlec:
By the original Amiga Inc release dates, OS5 should be coming out now (December 2002).
Still, Amiga themselves admitted they were 18 months behind schedule.

So, that would be mid 2004 to early 2005...

Offline xeron

• Show only replies by xeron
    • http://www.petergordon.org.uk
Re: OK, we
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2002, 06:55:50 PM »
"Amiga never has competition. Amiga is unique".

Except for Atari STs, Macs, PCs... each have their own qualities, and if they offer a choice to the consumer, they are competition.

Personally, I think Amiga could easily make a comeback if they try hard enough.

If you really, honestly, think that AmigaOS will ever be as big or as ubiquitous as Windows is now, you are sadly mistaken my friend. Just to become as popular as Macs would take nothing short of a minor miracle.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big Amiga fan, and I love using and developing for Amigas (and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future), but to be as optimistic as you appear can only be described as hopelessly naive and unrealistic, if you ask me. But, if it makes you so happy to be so sure of the Amigas outright superiority over everything else, inspite of all the evidence to the contrary, then go ahead. ;-)
Playstation Network ID: xeron6

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2002, 07:01:25 PM »
Thanks, I will. :-D

Offline Wolfe

• Show only replies by Wolfe
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2002, 07:26:37 PM »
To ORG or not to ORG, that is the question.  :-o

Yes, to ORG is good........ :-D
Avatar Babe:  Monica Bellucci  -    :love: