Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org Ownership Resolution  (Read 11771 times)

Description:

Offline PyromaniaTopic starter

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
Re: Amiga.org Ownership Resolution
« Reply #74 from previous page: July 21, 2011, 03:40:47 PM »
To those few that think I am the owner of Amga.org I can only say in these tough economic times.

"I Wish!"

He is rich and man would it be nice!

One thing I would not take is his lack of computer skills. He admits he knows almost nothing about computers and has difficultly learning.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:41:37 PM by Pyromania »

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2011, 04:00:39 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;651070
perhaps i'm just missing history. certainly wouldn't be the first time. :)

but as far as anyone has been able to tell me, *** exists only electronically. you're sort of the doyen of the amiga community: can you unequivocally state that *** exists as a real, flesh-and-blood person? that would certainly be good enough for me.

-- eliyahu

All I can say is, in my one year here I think I've had more contact with the owner here than most, (Bit like when I was at school, think I was the only kid that the Headmaster kept a spot in his schedule clear for me each week as it had become such a regular occurrence of me being sent there) anywhoo  I digress... :)

From my own contact with the owner, I can safely say I am firmly of the impression that he has nothing but the best of intentions for the Amiga Community and is both a fan and great supporter of us and the Amiga. While I understand why he may wish to try and remain anonymous (a lot of nutters about you know) and I respect that even though I may not agree with this Howard Huges approach.. :)

I can only say it's really not of any importance to actually know who owns this site and don't understand what all the fuss is about over it, there is always Bill you can contact if you've got something to ask but you can also contact Transition himself anyway via PM... :)

Thing is if you enjoy the site like you say then what's the need to know who or what owns it, just enjoy the place and accept thing for what they are if your happy with them (which you seem to be). I don't even watch the BBC but just because I have to buy a TV Licence each year to pay the BBC for something I haven't watched for over 15 years (yes we've still gotta buy a TV licence in this country or risk going to jail) doesn't mean I need to or want to know who the current Director General is (and yes that his title, bloody mad in this country so they are)... :)

Talk Amiga, talk rubbish, have a laugh, have a serious conversation even... but there's no point in worrying about who exactly owns the place, which you can do for free and the subscription fee (if you want to pay for one) is a hell of a lot cheaper than a poxy TV Licence I assure you (and at least you don't risk a £5000 fine or jail time for not subscribing)... :)

The site is free so enjoy something for free and be happy & for that privilege... :)

Offline number6

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »
Quote from: Pyromania;651075
To those few that think I am the owner of Amga.org I can only say in these tough economic times.

"I Wish!"

One thing I would not take is his lack of computer skills. He admits he knows almost nothing about computers and has difficultly learning.

That's not unusual for a CEO or manager really. I still remember Carl Sassenrath's story about teaching Bill McEwen how to use irc at Amiwest...
Seriously though, using an Amiga/like OS is something almost all of us could help him with, assuming he wants to expand that knowledge.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2011, 06:16:53 PM »
Quote from: Pyromania;651075

"I Wish!"

A Computer (retro) Portal owned by a Ludite... :eek:

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2011, 02:40:17 AM »
Quote from: save2600;650969
i would lmfao if it was doomy.  :lol:

lmao!!
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show only replies by AmigaHeretic
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2011, 05:52:29 AM »
Quote from: Franko;651078
All I can say is, in my one year here I think I've had more contact with the owner here than most,

Speak for yourself.  I have a business lunch with the man at least once a week for the last 2 years since he bought Amiga.org.  Yeah, me and * * * are close friends.  Why just last week he loaned me his G6 to for a quick breakfast in France one morning.  Hell of a guy!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 05:59:53 AM by SysAdmin »
A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show only replies by AmigaHeretic
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2011, 06:12:49 AM »
To all the people that think the real owner of Amiga.org never
existed where do you think the money came from for the site? How
did Wayne get paid?  There is obviously someone behind or this or
do you believe it is Transition. Why fake not having the money?

Good thing we have the site at least. I'm glad someone thought
about buying it I guess even if the owner is a ghost or just
lost soul.  This a home to many people around to show their
love of of the Amiga. I would have been a shame to have lost
it two years ago. So thanks for keeping it around.  And I for
one am thankful it remains. I hope someday though that we can
no longer fight and the site comes back to it's old glory.

That is all.
A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2011, 06:13:08 AM »
Quote from: AmigaHeretic;651150
Speak for yourself.  I have a business lunch with the man at least once a week for the last 2 years since he bought Amiga.org.  Yeah, me and * * * are close friends.  Why just last week he loaned me his G6 to for a quick breakfast in France one morning.  Hell of a guy!

Pah... that's nuthin...  * * * * flies me out to the USA 3 times a day for breakfast, lunch and dinner and he didn't loan me but gave me his old CRAY II just so the squirrels could have something to play Bubble Bobble on when they're not on Ninja duty... :p

France... pah... * * * * sent me brain on a world cruise and it's been happily travelling the globe for the past year and sends me nice postcards from each destination it visits, just got one this morning from a nice wee place called Death Valley (seems the ships kinda stuck at there at the moment but the sun quite hot it says)... :)

& yes * * * * a hell of a guy... so stick that in yer pipe and smoke it... :)

PS: That's four * * * * 's not three... numptie... :)

Offline psxphill

« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2011, 10:23:28 AM »
Quote from: AmigaHeretic;651150
Why just last week he loaned me his G6 to for a quick breakfast in France one morning. Hell of a guy!

You got to france in a G6?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_G6

It would have been more believable if you'd said G650

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G650

Offline PyromaniaTopic starter

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2012, 02:02:01 AM »
I have a update for everyone in case you did not listen to Amiga Round Table Episode #53.

http://www.amigaz.org/2012/01/29/art-episode-53-transition-speaks/

The current owner is playing buy and hold for now. Of course I am the Site Admin and will remain in place as will the great moderation team. I'm just reporting this for the sake of transparency. Ownership of the site will not transition to me anytime soon. The moderators on Amiga.org work very hard and deserve your thanks. I really appreciate their help with Amiga.org, they are awesome.

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2012, 03:15:41 AM »
I wanted to keep quiet about this, with the Presidential Elections coming, but I figure it's time to come clean. I've been thinking about revealing myself since this thread was started by Bill last July, but we thought it best that I remain silent.

*I* own Amiga.org. I paid for it with a quart of pork fried rice, 10 cartons of Kools and 6 shaggy goats. I like goats. A LOT. In fact, you can almost say that goats and I have been misunderstood for many years. Since the Presidential Elections are fast approaching and my independent party is wanting me to make a press statement about my impending run for the Presidency, I thought it best to start here. A lot of people think I'm Bill Gates, but this is really who I am:

I'd like to thank you *ALL* for your souls........ and I look forward to meeting you in the Eternal Fires of Hell.

;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:19:09 AM by Methuselas »
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2012, 06:59:17 AM »
Damn. This explains why they were not impressed by my offer of 3 tons of fresh horse **** :(
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2012, 07:16:14 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;681577
Damn. This explains why they were not impressed by my offer of 3 tons of fresh horse **** :(

Should have thrown in some Kools. Everyone loves menthol! :roflmao:
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf