Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Constantly logged out since the last days?  (Read 4239 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
Re: Constantly logged out since the last days?
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 27, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »
Quote from: smerf;640591
Hi,

@Franko,

We definitely know your problem

smerf

Hi Smerf... :)

Hmmm... you do, do you... :)

Well pray tell, what is the answer... cos the best shrinks can't even agree on that one and it would mean I could tell em on me next appointment ... :)

Cheers

Franko

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 04:15:30 PM »
Quote from: Franko;640594
Erm... the solution is simple as I previously posted... so that must mean I'm on your ignore list, so I'll post the solution once again so that you can ignore it again if that helps... :)

Don't worry, I don't use that silly ignore function, but that doesn't mean my ignorant yet overloaded brain is paying attention to every move on amiga.org, it actually happens I actually miss a post or two! ;) The thing is I have a feeling I'm only being logged out whenever I'm making posts, not when just browsing. But anyways, thanks for the tip. I'll try that! :)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 04:25:46 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;640600
Don't worry, I don't use that silly ignore function, but that doesn't mean my ignorant yet overloaded brain is paying attention to every move on amiga.org, it actually happens I actually miss a post or two! ;) The thing is I have a feeling I'm only being logged out whenever I'm making posts, not when just browsing. But anyways, thanks for the tip. I'll try that! :)

Wow... I can understand why you get logged out, I watched as you typed that post, it took you over 9 minutes to type it (I almost dozed off)... ;)

Nah... seriously though I had noticed this problem myself last year when playing games in the arcade section on to discover after about 15 to 20 minutes of playing and finally achieving a high score, when the game ended and you were meant to be taken to the high score table to enter your name you would find instead you had been logged out and your high score was lost forever... :(

After a quick grumble to Karlos I discovered that button in the top right and now I never get logged out unless I do so myself, saves a lot of frustration  like you say when typing a long post only to find you've been logged out while typing it and it's gone forever... ;)

It would help folk if there was some text beside the button like "keep me logged in" as I think most folk think it has something to do with registering due to it's current position... :)

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 04:40:40 PM »
Some peepoles tipe slowa than udders

Offline Mizar

• Show only replies by Mizar
Constantly logged out since the last days?
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 12:47:10 PM »
I use Opera, but I noticed recently I started getting logged out constantly.  Not sure why it wasn't happening earlier.  Was reading a really long thread, and it happened when posting as well.  But I noticed there was the "remember me" button in the log-back-in screen below the page's header login, and tried that.  Now there hasn't been anymore prob. with that.  But right after I fixed it, I have a more annoying problem.  Will have to start another thread about that one.

Quote from: Franko;640605
After a quick grumble to Karlos I discovered that button in the top right and now I never get logged out unless I do so myself, saves a lot of frustration  like you say when typing a long post only to find you've been logged out while typing it and it's gone forever... ;)

In my browser, when I got logged out typing a post, it didn't lose it on me.  It went ahead with it when I logged in again.  But you should always know better than to submit something you typed on the web, especially something long, without first copy/pasting it to an editor on your own system! ;)  Since so many sites will lose everything on you if anything goes wrong, and there's so many things that can and often do.

Quote from: gertsy
Some peepoles tipe slowa than udders

And some just take a while to figure what they're trying to say, or are too perfectionistic and edit their post a bunch first. :)
Amiga Tech. A1200: Apollo 1230/40 MHz & 882/50 MHz, 32 MB fast RAM, WD 298 GB HD (320 SI GB), Sony 1760 KB floppy, Surf Squirrel SCSI-II & buffered  serial, Ricoh CDRW 6x4x24, USR 33.6 Kbps modem, MV1200 scan doubler, Compaq 17" SVGA, KS 3.1, OS3.9 BB1, Genesis 45.7, Miami 3.2b, AWeb 3.5.09 APL

C= A500: 68000, 512 KB chip, 512 KB fast, 880 KB floppy x 2, 1084S, KS 1.3, OS 1.3