Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WinUAE - Graphics Settings - Laptop  (Read 2494 times)

Description:

Offline RRunnerTopic starter

• Show only replies by RRunner
WinUAE - Graphics Settings - Laptop
« on: March 29, 2007, 04:43:45 PM »
Hi All.

I am using WinUAE on a laptop that has a screen resolution of 1280 x 800. I would like to maximize the size of the Workbench however I am having trouble trying to figure out the correct combination of settings in WinUAE. I usually end up with a Workbench that is about one third to one half the size of the available screen.

I have chosen to emulate an AGA chip set and I maxed out the memory settings. For the display I have selected 1280x800 at a depth of 32 and 60Hz NTSC. I checked off the option for Full-Screen RTG Modes. When I run it (either in a window or full screen) the Workbench is only a fraction of the available  screen size. I played with the screen size setting in the Picasa prefs as well as in the Screen Mode prefs to no avail. I read somewhere that you can download Picasa96 drivers off of Amninet. A quick look showed a lot of options and I don't know what I should be looking for.

Any guidance on getting a full screen Workbench would be appreciated!

Thanks.
-=>The RoadRunner<=-
A2000 030/40Mhz, 8Mb RAM, 1GB HD
AmiKit

Offline Thomas

Re: WinUAE - Graphics Settings - Laptop
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 04:58:59 PM »

For native displays (AGA, games etc.) you better use a screen resolution of 800x600 in WinUAE with doubled enabled and PAL:Hires Interlace in WB Prefs. Or use the OpenGL options to scale the picture up, but this makes it slow.

To get the monitor's native resolution for Workbench, you have to add a gfx card to WinUAE (= add some RTG memory) and install a gfx card driver, aka Picasso96: http://aminet.net/package/gfx/board/Picasso96

After successful installation, it lets you choose all screen resolutions available to Windows in WB Prefs. For your laptop, you would for example choose uaegfx:1280x800 32bit.

Bye,
Thomas

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 05:15:36 PM »
you do not need to download the drivers, they come part of wwinuae, just assign some rtg memory and hey presto

also for a nice feature rich workbench download amikit (but you will need wither a 3.5/3/9 or AF cd

or just by Amiga forever, worth every penny
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline Damion

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 06:21:51 PM »
For fullscreen AGA I use the OpenGL filter. It works well, but as Thomas noted it may slow things down a bit.

Offline RRunnerTopic starter

• Show only replies by RRunner
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 11:38:46 PM »
Thanks everyone for the pointers. I'm still having difficulties getting it full screen however your pointers have improved things a lot. I will continue to play around and I'm sure I'll figure out the right combination soon!

Thanks again!
-=>The RoadRunner<=-
A2000 030/40Mhz, 8Mb RAM, 1GB HD
AmiKit