Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PowerPC Notebook Campaign  (Read 3933 times)

Description:

Offline IggyTopic starter

PowerPC Notebook Campaign
« on: June 24, 2017, 04:53:48 PM »
I have submitted this as a general news item, as there is no commitment (yet) to port Amiga NG OS' to this platform.
Although, Timothy De Groot at Hyperion has stated that hey are open to discussing a port of OS4.

This page has a announcement and a link to the funding campaign.

https://www.powerpc-notebook.org/?wysija-page=1&controller=email&action=view&email_id=33&wysijap=subscriptions&user_id=445

It has already been pointed out (on MorphZone) that donations are non-refundable.
This is, at least in part, due to the fact that once enough is raised, Acube will be paid for their initial work (and obviously, as a professional firm, they would KEEP whatever they are paid).

Frankly, I found myself somewhat irritated a the post that took umbrage to this condition, as I am participating in and supporting the project myself.

I hope that those of you that participated in our discussion of a possible community funded project will consider donating to this.
The initial funds needed for Acube to commence work on the schematics is relatively modest.

And as this is a non-profit project, hopefully the hardware will be both powerful and (reasonably) economical.

As you all can probably guess, I'm all for this.

Jim Igou
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"