Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: booting off OS 3.9 CD, and using Amithalon libs ect.  (Read 1174 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
booting off OS 3.9 CD, and using Amithalon libs ect.
« on: January 11, 2004, 03:37:43 AM »
I just installed WinUAE to tie me over till the new BeOS port gets up to date. Question #1.

How do I set it up to boot of the OS 3.9 CD so I can install it?

#2 Are there any of the X86 based libs that I can copy over from Amithalon to improve the speed and performance of th emu?
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Online Thomas

Re: booting off OS 3.9 CD, and using Amithalon libs ect.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 11:38:16 AM »

The AmigaOSXL CD is not meant to be used with anything other than Amithlon or AmigaXL.

However you can install it on WinUAE but you have to remove the Amithlon stuff manually.

Certainly you cannot use the x86 libs with WinUAE.

Well, first read and understand this: http://home.t-online.de/home/thomas-rapp/os39uae.html

Then unpack the file D:\OS-Version3.9\OS3.9-Install.lha into a directory on your hdd. Add this directory to WinUAE's harddisks list with the volume name Install.

Then add another directory where you want to install OS3.9 to and move it to the top of the list. Store the following file as S\Startup-Sequence into this directory:

install:workbench3.9/c/assign c: install:workbench3.9/c;
assign sys: install:workbench3.9;
assign libs: sys:libs sys:classes;
assign env: ram:;
loadwb;
endcli;

This should allow you to boot without a Workbench ADF.

Bye,
Thomas

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 09:44:25 PM »
My "OS 3.9" Cd installed fine, thank you, it's too bad we can't use any of the libs off the AmiThalon CD though. :/
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Online Thomas

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 10:05:33 PM »
The correct name is Amithlon, neither Amiathlon nor Amithalon. A-m-i-t-h-l-o-n.

it's too bad we can't use any of the libs off the AmiThalon CD

There is a lot of work in Amithlon that legitimates all the money it costs (if only the author would see it).

Bye,
Thomas