Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 1200 and 600 can use the PCMCIA port for CF cards  (Read 939 times)

Description:

Offline leirbag28Topic starter

Amiga 1200 and 600 can use the PCMCIA port for CF cards
« on: June 17, 2003, 12:35:43 AM »
 I'll say it again: DONT BUY THE IDE 40 Pin to CF adaptor if you have a 1200.......use the PCMCIA port that it already has!   just download cfd.lha and fat95.lha.......once you do this and install it....you will be able to use CF cards, Sony Memory Stick, IBM micro drives, SD cards and others as long as you have the PCMCIA adaptor!   its that easy! I use it all the time and even put workbench on it, and yes it also works on the Amiga 600.
CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...

Re: Amiga 1200 and 600 can use the PCMCIA port for CF cards
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 12:38:50 AM »

leirbag28 wrote:
 I'll say it again: DONT BUY THE IDE 40 Pin to CF adaptor if you have a 1200.......use the PCMCIA port that it already has!   just download cfd.lha and fat95.lha.......once you do this and install it....you will be able to use CF cards, Sony Memory Stick, IBM micro drives, SD cards and others as long as you have the PCMCIA adaptor!   its that easy! I use it all the time and even put workbench on it, and yes it also works on the Amiga 600.

So I can plug a compact-flash card straight into the PCMCIA port then?

Offline leirbag28Topic starter

Re: Amiga 1200 and 600 can use the PCMCIA port for CF cards
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 01:20:18 AM »
 Yes you can plug the compact flash directly in as long as it is inserted into the PCMCIA adaptor first of course, because a CF card is too small and has less pins on its own if you havent noticed....it needs to be converted to a FULL PCMCIA card ( the PCMCIA adaptor) first to be fully PCMCIA.

Have fun!   I am also using a Laptop PCMCIA ethernet card to go online with my 1200..... super fast!
CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...