Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suggestions and feedback forum being closed  (Read 8289 times)

Description:

Re: Suggestions and feedback forum being closed
« Reply #29 from previous page: February 05, 2004, 08:31:21 PM »
Actually, on second thought, instantly locking this thread was a bit rude.  If you have further comments regarding this, or any of the other policy changes today, feel free to ask questions here.

I have a feeling that the purpose of this thread will outlive itself on it's own.

Wayne

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2004, 08:52:42 PM »
I certainly think this site could do with some stronger moderation.

The site has problems (in the form of crap-heads) that must be fixed.

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2004, 09:03:44 PM »
Please stop stealing the avatars of others.  I keep getting confused as to who I'm speaking to  :)

Offline MarkTime

• Show only replies by MarkTime
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2004, 10:03:22 PM »
what they want is to be noticed and talked about. i've seen this on plenty of other sites. it always works the same way.
they are attention whores..

you say that like its a bad thing.

I've been a troll for many years, I hope someday, maybe someday if I try hard enough, I'll be known as an attention whore instead.

<--attention whore in training.

BTW, if you've been on many sites, then you know this whole moderation whining never ends.    I've never seen a site moderate so well, that the problem went away.

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2004, 10:08:24 PM »
I find it very sad that both the intelligence and maturity level of a few individuals has once again ruined what was intended as a positive step towards opening up a dialog for the betterment of this site.

Why not just ban those few individuals?

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2004, 10:18:37 PM »
Why not just ban those few individuals?
Exactly which individuals are "they"?  It's not as easy as that unfortunately.

Offline Linchpin

• Show only replies by Linchpin
    • http://www.systemmedic.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2004, 12:26:37 PM »
Hmm is banning them the way to go? I aint no expert on forums, but i dont think playing into their trap is the way to go. As for the staff @ miggy.org i think you guys do a great job, i have had many question's answered here , seen many a funny thing going on and met loads of great mates, hopefully that can continue..

But thats not the point of the thread really lol

Sorry to have wandered off track.. but keep up the good work =oD

* * * * TROLL FREE ZONE! * * * *
WinUAE Only... OS3.9 with 512mb ZIII ram ;)

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2004, 04:26:54 PM »

Wayne wrote:
@Cecilia,

Wayne, dude! it's your house, whatever ya say, we'll support ya!
I'm not asking for subserviance.  I'm only human.  I do make mistakes and when I do, I usually own up to them.  My resentment (and it is not aimed at you) stems from not being able to quell the massive number of rumors and childish sucknuts out there.  After a while, it grates on your nerves.

me, subserviant?
:lol:
never! (need someone in a black corset cracking a whip??)
supportive, yes! I think this is a fine site and I hate to see it messed up. that's all. :-D
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline AccyD

• Show only replies by AccyD
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2004, 07:02:05 PM »
{edit by admin: off-topic}

Offline Linchpin

• Show only replies by Linchpin
    • http://www.systemmedic.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2004, 07:29:57 PM »
WinUAE Only... OS3.9 with 512mb ZIII ram ;)

Offline seer

• Show only replies by seer
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2004, 07:54:38 PM »
~
Everything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
~

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2004, 08:05:53 PM »
Come on, back to talk-about all of you! :-)

Offline Brian Hoskins

• Electronics Engineer & Computer Programmer
    • Show only replies by Brian Hoskins
    • brianhoskins.uk
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2004, 08:18:14 PM »
Feedback is very very important.  A feedback forum allows the users of a service to comment on the things they like and the things they don't like.  It is reasonable to assume that the moderators of such a service would wish to provide the most suitable service to satisfy the most people, and this is what a feedback forum allows them to do!

Obviously not everyone can be pleased at all times.  This is because everyone is different and everyone has equally different preferences and ideas as to how things should be run.  If we were all the same, then forums would be a very boring place to chat in afterall!! What a feedback forum does, is allow moderators and developers to collate all of the positive and negative feedback from users and make a general judgement as to what would make the MOST people happy.  Not everyone will get what they want that way, but hey that's life.  The reason governments are voted for in a democratic society is for the simple reason that you can't please everyone!

The loss of a feedback forum is, in my opinion, a mistake.  What we really need here is to send a strong message out to all the trolls, trouble makers and nay sayers - and that message is YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE.  Unfortunately there is a very thin line between what is classed as trolling and what is classed as strong debate - the latter of which can sometimes be acceptable, the former of which is NEVER acceptable.  The reality of this is that it has to be left to moderators to make a decision as to what is trolling for the sake of causing argument, and what is merely debate/discussion.  The moderator's decision at all times should be final, and any problems with that should be taken up with them directly.

In hind sight, I think I would have posted my original moderation suggestions directly to all the moderators rather than in a feedback forum, because my intension was never to cause a flame war.  Which leads me on to a possible solution to this crisis!!!

Create a feedback forum where originally posts are only readable by moderators.  Once a moderator has read the post, if he/she decides that more feedback is required, then the post is released into the feedback forum for user comments.  If the moderator feels the feedback issue can be dealt with directly (as in with the original poster), or if the feedback post is more an attempt to cause argument than leave constructive feedback comments, then the moderator leaves the post "only readable to moderators" and contacts the poster direct with an answer (if one is even required)

That, I feel, solves your feeback forum woes :)

Brian