Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: X1000 Status Update  (Read 4928 times)

Description:

Offline MaximvsPayneTopic starter

• Show only replies by MaximvsPayne
    • http://www.facebook.com/maximvs.payne
X1000 Status Update
« on: June 07, 2011, 08:29:48 PM »
London, 7th June 2011

A-EON Technology is pleased to announce that following an extensive test  programme Varisys are about to commence manufacturing the full complement of
Nemo 2 motherboards for the AmigaOne X1000 Beta Test Team. As part of the  pre-qualification process, Varisys have ported the PowerPC version of Debian
Squeeze to demonstrate that all onboard components and subsystems are  working as expected. The AmigaOS4 developers have also been busy porting the  latest
version of AmigaOS4.1.x

Cool Running

The energy efficiency of the PA Semi CPU was fully demonstrated during the  testing phase. A thermal imaging camera was used to measure the CPU and  board
temperatures while running Debian Squeeze in dual-core under full load  conditions. A maximum CPU/Heatsink/Fan assembly temperature of 31.1C was  recorded while playing a DVD on a software rendered 1920x1200 full screen  display. With the CPU fan disconnected the temperature rose to meagre 34.6C  with a CPU core temperature of 61C.

AmigaOne X1000 Update Article

We are also pleased to announce that the next issue of "Amiga Future"  magazine will contain a Nemo 2 update article. Issue 91 (July/August) should  be released in early July and can be ordered from the "Amiga Future" website  or your local Amiga reseller.

A-EON Technology CVBA
aros>aros>aros>aros>aros>aros>aros>aros

NEVER SURRENDER, NEVER GIVE UP

Free & Fresh AROS Distributions:

Icaros Desktop: http://vmwaros.blogspot.com/
AROS Broadway: http://www.aros-broadway.de/
AspireOS: http://www.arosaspire.org/

aros 

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
Re: X1000 Status Update
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 11:29:10 PM »
hehe..LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ...YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:pint::banana::pint::banana::pint::banana::pint::banana::pint::banana::pint::banana::pint:
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 12:51:58 AM »
Congrats AOS4.x users!

Glad there is some good news reported.

Good luck Trevor, I hope the completion of porting AmigaOS4.x to the X1000 goes smoothly as well as the beta-testing program and you can proceed to the production phase as soon as possible.

(Good idea to also port Debian PPC Linux to the X1000, as besides needing it to do the testing that Varisys did of the boards, it gives more functionality and value to the users while AOS4.x continues to improve and catch up to the features that are offered in Linux.)
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amoskodare

• Show only replies by amoskodare
    • http://m4rko.com/amiga
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 03:07:24 AM »
:pint::pint::pint:
C128 + Action Replay, A500+ (KS1.3/KS2.0), A1200, A1200/040, Amiga Forever 2008+09+2016, Amiga Future subscriber, Nokia N900 (Maemo 5), 5 x86/x64 boxes
AmigaOS 4.1 FEu1 on Sam440ep-flex/800MHz/1GB RAM/Radeon 9250 :afro:
AOS4.1 FE Update 1 for Classic (on WinUAE PPC)
m4rko.com/AMIGA

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 03:57:17 PM »
Yawn.....More of the same smoke and mirrors from the A-Eon and Hyperion fanboys.  Why don't you clowns read the original post a little more thoroughly because it doesn't say that manufacturing has begun at all.  It says it's "about" to begin which means that no manufacturing has started.  And they also don't supply a date as to when manufacturing WILL start.  And the boards, if produced, are for the beta test team, not for purchase by Amiga enthusiasts.  It's amazing to me that after all the fanfare generated by Hyperion and A-Eon 2 years ago about the imminent release of the X1000 that they still cannot provide a date for production of test boards for their beta test team.  At this pace, the X1000 will arrive sometime in 2015 if it arrives at all.......

Offline Starrfoxx

• Show only replies by Starrfoxx
    • http://kurzann.proboards23.com
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 05:45:31 PM »
He's got a good point, though.

All of us would like to see a new Amiga. But after all this time and false hopes, then yeah it's natural to be skeptical.

I hope it does get released. But until then, I won't be doing any Amiga dances either (unless it's a new Amiga Forever package). For now, I'll just sit back and see what happenes before getting any hopes up.

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:22:53 PM »
Quote from: outlawal2;643533
YAWN
Another jerkoff response from someone that has done absolutely nothing for the Amiga community..  (and probably anything else for that matter) berating hard working folks for not meeting whatever expectations he has for a project that I am certain he won't support in the first place.

Go spread your bullshit elsewhere as I for one am getting REALLY tired of these worthless responses clogging up what used to be a decent forum..

As if your response is constructive or pointing out any facts?!!  You've got to be kidding....You're the one writing worthless responses and bullshit.  I'm point out that once again, the A-Eon/Hyperion fanboys are spreading false info about when/if the X1000 will see the light of day.  A news release telling the world that beta boards are "about" to be produced is ridiculous......you've got to be dumber than you look if you think that's news.  We've been hearing those kind of announcements for a couple years now and delay after delay.

Oh, and I suppose you're some sort of savior in the Amiga "community" and you've made some sort of contribution to this "community" you refer to?  That's a pretty lame response from someone who can't even define what the Amiga "community" is.  All you fanboys keep referring to Amiga hobby-land as a community as if it's composed of a neighborhood or something.  You must be the mayor.  All I see in this "community" that you keep referring to are a few hardcore Amiga fanatics who are easily duped by those who want to make a profit off of the fanatics.   The X1000 is just another repeat of another failed NG Amiga project by Adam Kowalcyk of ACK Controls.....same hardware specs and same pack of lies.  His final lie was that his dad died and this was preventing him from achieving his production deadlines...that was several years ago.  The only lie he didn't use was that his dog ate his homework.  Then he disappeared along with his NG Amiga.  The X1000 will go the same route.  I hope I'm wrong, but with the track record of Amiga hardware development, I don't think so.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;643489
Yawn.....More of the same smoke and mirrors from the A-Eon and Hyperion fanboys.  Why don't you clowns read the original post a little more thoroughly because it doesn't say that manufacturing has begun at all.  It says it's "about" to begin which means that no manufacturing has started.  And they also don't supply a date as to when manufacturing WILL start.  And the boards, if produced, are for the beta test team, not for purchase by Amiga enthusiasts.  It's amazing to me that after all the fanfare generated by Hyperion and A-Eon 2 years ago about the imminent release of the X1000 that they still cannot provide a date for production of test boards for their beta test team.  At this pace, the X1000 will arrive sometime in 2015 if it arrives at all.......

While I like the sound and idea of the X1000, one things for sure I aint no Hyperion fanboy (they are in 3rd place just behind CUSA & Cloanto when it come to me hit list)... ;)

Whenever it arrives I intend to buy one and see for myself if it will make a nice alternative to my iMacs for browsing the web, it will never replace my Amiga's but hopefully it will replace my iMacs... :)

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 07:34:47 PM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;643528
You do realize that this argument and sentimentality surrounds everything in the Amiga world, right?  At this point if you still have any interest in anything Amiga and are unwilling to wait and see if it ever succeeds, then you are in the wrong hobby.

So, have you received your C64x yet?

No, it doesn't surround everything in the Amiga world.  I've been an Amiga user since 1985 and I'm very skeptical (as are many others) of any NG Amiga hardware projects after all the lies (AKA broken promises) and missed deadlines put forth by many people who claimed to be developing a NG Amiga.  I'm tired of seeing misleading news articles like this one.  It doesn't say anything that we haven't been hearing for the past 2 years......they didn't even publish a production date....just a comment saying that production is "about" to begin.  Yeah, and I hear the world is "about" to end too.

Back in 2007, Adam Kowlaczyk of ACK Controls proposed a nearly identical system to the X1000.  It also went nowhere......the X1000 is following this same pattern.  Release a  "news" announcement every few months to keep the hardcore Amigans interested along with a bunch of excuses for not producing anything.  How many missed deadlines have we seen since the X1000 was announced?  I can remember at least 3.  There will be more.  My C64x will arrive long before the X1000 hits the market....if it hits the market.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 07:37:39 PM by ferrellsl »

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 07:40:37 PM »
Quote from: Franko;643565
While I like the sound and idea of the X1000, one things for sure I aint no Hyperion fanboy (they are in 3rd place just behind CUSA & Cloanto when it come to me hit list)... ;)

Whenever it arrives I intend to buy one and see for myself if it will make a nice alternative to my iMacs for browsing the web, it will never replace my Amiga's but hopefully it will replace my iMacs... :)

I really hope that I'm wrong and that all the fanboys can say, "See, I told you so", but I can't help but be skeptical with all the failed hardware projects over the years.

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 07:52:24 PM »
Quote from: Franko;643565

Might as well just get a SAM460 now then. The X1000 doesn't bring anything new to the table as far as OS4 is concerned.

Offline Franko

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 07:54:41 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;643569
I really hope that I'm wrong and that all the fanboys can say, "See, I told you so", but I can't help but be skeptical with all the failed hardware projects over the years.

I hope your wrong too and I don't blame you for being sceptical, I'm Very Very sceptical about any announcement made by anyone when it comes to the Amiga but I do live in hope... :)

Offline Franko

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 07:56:26 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;643571
Might as well just get a SAM460 now then. The X1000 doesn't bring anything new to the table as far as OS4 is concerned.

Nah... never liked that name... sound naff and that's enough to put me off it... :D

Offline Forcie

• Show only replies by Forcie
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 08:07:30 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;643564
The X1000 is just another repeat of another failed NG Amiga project by Adam Kowalcyk of ACK Controls.....same hardware specs and same pack of lies.  His final lie was that his dad died and this was preventing him from achieving his production deadlines...that was several years ago.  The only lie he didn't use was that his dog ate his homework.  Then he disappeared along with his NG Amiga.  The X1000 will go the same route.  I hope I'm wrong, but with the track record of Amiga hardware development, I don't think so.

The last thing I heard went like this:

1) Amiga Inc. contacted ACK and said they wanted to build PPC systems with PA Semi cores.
2) ACK gave them some suggestions on possible designs.
3) Amiga Inc. made announcements. The computer press mentioned "the new Amigas".
4) ACK did not recieve a single penny from AInc to start the actual board designs.
5) ACK shrugged and moved on.

I don't really see how you can hold Adam responsible for that failure?

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 08:20:59 PM »
Quote from: Forcie;643575
The last thing I heard went like this:

1) Amiga Inc. contacted ACK and said they wanted to build PPC systems with PA Semi cores.
2) ACK gave them some suggestions on possible designs.
3) Amiga Inc. made announcements. The computer press mentioned "the new Amigas".
4) ACK did not recieve a single penny from AInc to start the actual board designs.
5) ACK shrugged and moved on.

I don't really see how you can hold Adam responsible for that failure?

How about for the PowerVixxen LT?

http://safir.amigaos.se/article_ack_eng.html