Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pirates and TOSEC sucks  (Read 8524 times)

Description:

Offline CoolCPU

• Show only replies by CoolCPU
Re: Pirates and TOSEC sucks
« Reply #74 from previous page: July 29, 2003, 10:56:30 AM »
Hi _LinchpiN_

Ahh... I'm sorry that you removed the avatar.  I love seeing the old Commodore logo, it gives me a great sense of nostalgia.  Tulip released a press release stating that they will be going after those who use the Commodore trademark for commercial purposes only, so I'm sure your fan usage of it won't cause any harm.

Same with the Mario graphic.  I believe it is part of the default avatars in Xoops.  There are hundreds of Nintendo fan sites, magazines, etc., using Nintendo characters and I don't believe anything has happened to them.  I'm sure Nintendo knows about it, but they'd probably receive too much negative publicity if they were to start shutting down every fan site for having pictures of Mario on their web pages.  Commercial usage would be different.

So, bring back your Commodore avatar or I shall not remove my new Atari 520ST avatar!  It doesn't get much more immoral than this. :-D :-D

Just pulling your leg.  I'll change it..... eventually.  ;-)

-CoolCPU-

Offline Linchpin

• Show only replies by Linchpin
    • http://www.systemmedic.co.uk
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2003, 11:32:42 AM »
Lol i was only joking :-)

will bring it back no problem :-)

GET RID OF THAT SINNERS AVATAR!

Kev
WinUAE Only... OS3.9 with 512mb ZIII ram ;)

Offline Linchpin

• Show only replies by Linchpin
    • http://www.systemmedic.co.uk
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2003, 11:36:47 AM »
I wonder if anyone would do anything about things like using logo's for avitars... i doubt it. But the proberbly could if they REALLY wanted to :-P

Anyway. Im gonna keep mine now :-) Looks good..

Cheers

Kev
WinUAE Only... OS3.9 with 512mb ZIII ram ;)

Offline CoolCPU

Re: Avatar
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2003, 04:28:50 AM »
Okay, since you changed back to the Commodore logo I've removed the Atari ST one.  You can now look at your screen without fear. ;-)

Offline CoolCPU

Re: Commodore logo
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2003, 07:39:52 AM »
_LinchpiN_,

Just a follow-up to the Commodore logo discussion.  Someone posted an e-mail message on comp.sys.cbm from an  Ironstone representative. Interesting...

To: "Rick Balkins aka Wildstar"
Subject: RE: Commodore brand
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:51:48 +0100

Hi Richard

We have looked at the Wavestar site and at this time we see no problems.  In the coming weeks we will be publishing the 'official' do's and don'ts at our website.  These will also include all of the new Commodore logos that fan sites and non commercial sites are welcome to feature of their sites. If you have any further specific queries or issues then please do not hesitate to come back to us.

Best Regards

Darren Melbourne

Ironstone Web Site