Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most annoying Amiga game in the world.  (Read 7938 times)

Description:

Offline tokyoracerTopic starter

• Show only replies by tokyoracer
Most annoying Amiga game in the world.
« on: March 06, 2006, 09:23:18 AM »
Thought this would be an intresting topic...
my top 3 most annoying ones in order is...

3. Pinball Dreams (Ball seems to love always going between the flippers but when you get it right a truely awsome game)

2. Nebulus (Hope its the right spelling. Very fustrating when you get so close to the top of the tower then get spun to the bottom... or worse!)

1. Helter Skelter (No matter what you do the ball never seems to bounce right!) GRRRR!

Offline PMC

• Show only replies by PMC
    • http://www.b3ta.com
Re: Most annoying Amiga game in the world.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 09:35:59 AM »
Nebulus... I absolutely love that game.  If you think that the Amiga version is irritating (you've got to be 100% pixel perfect with your co-ordination) then the PC remake will drive you nuts.  I still can't complete the first tower on the PC!
Cecilia for President

Offline TheSLASH!

• Show only replies by TheSLASH!
    • http://www.nostalgica.nu
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 09:36:37 AM »
1. Lemmings, after listening to the Oh No!, Let's Go! and the happy-music in 3 days at a copy-party. But i love the game anyway!  :-P

2. Xenon II, isn't this game impossible to complete? Beutifull gfx and sfx.

3. Rick dangerous, another game that I always wanted to make it to the end. I did play this game for to many hours with a friend when a was a kid.

...all these are games that i have hate-love to.  :pissed:

Offline tokyoracerTopic starter

• Show only replies by tokyoracer
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 09:53:34 AM »
i wonder why the neblus green pig caricture never caught on? hes quite a qute litttle fella. Mind you there was a corse on PGA tour that was very hard indeed.

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 09:54:24 AM »
Both Rick Dangerous games were soul-destroyingly, joystick-crushingly, larynx destroyingly frustrating. The only thing that made up for this was the box cover pictures  :evilgrin:

Nebulus is also pretty frustrating, but has so much nostalgia attached to it for me that I keep coming back to it 12 years after I first played it.

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline JLF65

• Show only replies by JLF65
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 04:52:34 AM »
Blood Money, hands down. It's like, ready - START!

DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!

Play again?

:lol:  :lol:

Seriously, I had to use the cheat to go more than ten seconds on that game... on the EASY setting.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 05:21:08 AM »
Triango. narrator.device was very overused in this game. It got very irritating after a while.

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 05:22:53 AM »
Yeah, Psygnosis had some seriously difficult games.  Blood Money was frustrating.  So was "The Killing Game Show."  I never made it past about 4 or 5 levels, when apparently there were a good 100 or so.

Pinball Dreams I never found frustrating, though.  A really great pinball experience.  (Though I went through some SERIOUS frustrating times getting it to work right on my A1200!)

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 05:25:08 AM »
Oh, I forgot about HOI! I absolutely hated that game! Every time you were (easily) killed, spheres would shoot out from your character until the screen was filled, slowly and tediously. Ugh, and the music, the overuse of copper effects... blech!

;-)

Offline mr_a500

• Show only replies by mr_a500
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 06:19:01 AM »
Shogun (text adventure) is extremely annoying. You have to type the exact right thing at the exact right time. The most points I ever got was 10. Later, I tried to finish with cheats. Even with the in-game hints, even with the "game cheat" text file, it is unbareably tedious. I gave up in disgust.

Dragon's Lair 2 is probably the most annoying game I still have on my harddrive and it's only there for nostalga reasons (the only reason I keep any annoying game). I can't even get past the first scene!

Another World - it's visually impressive, but totally sucks as a game. How many times do you have to die, just to figure it out?? I think my average was something like 76 deaths per scene for the first few scenes, then 350 after that.

Prince of Persia - same as Another World: die, start over, die, start over, die....

Fantastic Voyage - beautiful graphics but even with the 99 lives cheat, it's impossible to get past the first valve.

Offline darksun9210

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 10:51:40 AM »
Hmmm,
Hitchikers guide to the galaxy text adventure...
go to pub,
get salted peanuts,
eat salted peanuts,

the vogons have destoryed the earth. game over.

could never figure out how to teleport off the planet before it was destroyed. :lol:

A500 Vampire2/minimegachip/lazarus/indyECS
A600 Vampire2/604n/subway/IndyECS
A1200 PiStorm32+Pi4/subway/IndyAGA
A3k C=040/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Zoram256/acard scsi-ide-CF/IndyECS,
A4k CSMk3-060/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Bigram256/IndyAGA, mediator+pci cards
CD32 TF360/IndyAGA
Plus an SGI O2 & consoles.

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 11:07:44 AM »
@darksun
Read the book  :-P

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline Legerdemain

• Show only replies by Legerdemain
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 11:23:48 AM »
Shadow of the Beast II.

Okay, so the game has loaded up. The long introduction has finally played through. You get to control you character and you go a bit to the left and there you see a monster which you try to kill. Howver, you GET killed instead. And something like 50 seconds of gameplay was what you were given. Then comes the extremely long game over sequence. You then wait forever to be able to start a new game. Then you realise you have to watch the long introduction again. You get so frustrated by all this waiting, that when the gameplay finally is handed over to you, you will not last more than a couple of minutes due to the frustration, of having to wait to play the game, and the horror, of maybe dying and having to wait forever to play the game again, disturbing your concentration.

What where they thinking? Really?
Amiga 1200, Mirage Tower, PC-Key 1200, Blizzard 1260/50, SCSI Kit, 256MB RAM, 40GB HD, Mediator SX, Soundblaster 128, Voodoo 3 and Realtek 8139.

Offline Cymric

• Show only replies by Cymric
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 12:21:11 PM »
Hard Drivin' --- what a complete waste of a perfectly good christmas present that was.

Weird Dreams --- did anyone ever get past the rose bushes, i.e., the second screen to the right, IIRC?

The Surgeon --- did anyone ever manage to operate the patient succesfully without him waking up screaming?

Whirligig --- great mathematical concept, beautiful 3D-animations, but utterly ruined by the controls, the ridiculous 320x200 resolution when you absolutely needed 320x240 at the very least, and the fact that the game in itself was pointless. The solution was printed on the last page of the manual, and I doubt many got as far as the tenth (out of 36) punyverse.

Pinball Mania (I think) --- did someone ever manage to actually win the One Billion Dollar Gameshow? The trick shots were nigh impossible to achieve. (Slam Tilt is sooo much better; I still have it on my PC and get a kick out of every table it offers.)

Magic Pockets --- the guys at the Quality Assurance dept. of the Bitmap Bros were asleep when this was released. The levels were simply WAAYYY to big, and the baddies were mean and fast, with you throwing little tornados at a snail's pace. I cannot believe I wasted good money on this with Gods available. Damn you, Amiga Format!

Pioneer Plague --- great use of HAM mode, lots to do, but held back by the 320x200 resolution, weird scrolling, and the nagging feeling there was no way to actually win this game. I did manage to surpass the programmer's highest level, though.

E-motion --- bought it because of the 'Assembly Line' logo on it. Ugh. Never touched my Devpac again after that.

Jumping Jack Son --- the first puzzle level which allowed you to skip the first four regular levels is unsolvable.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.

Offline god64

• Show only replies by god64
    • http://www.zefix.tv/g.o.d-64
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 12:49:56 PM »
for me it's fuzzball, no doubt about it.

it has about 50 levels or so, i never made it past level 8... and i tried sooooo many times.

but beeing 'most annoying' is only half of the truth, the other half is, that it is highly addictive.

if i play it, i shout, i scream, i beat up parts of my furniture, i bite into the joystick, but i cant stop starting over and over again for hours ;-)

A1200HD, Apollo/060/32MB, 80 GB HD, D-Box Tower, Voodoo3, USB - A600HD 6MB Ram, 40 MB HD - \\\'Windows Free Life\\\'(tm) since 1995