Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigamaniac  (Read 29023 times)

Description:

Offline HavieTopic starter

• Show only replies by Havie
Re: Amigamaniac
« Reply #74 from previous page: May 22, 2013, 08:57:53 PM »
I'm glad Nathan is back.  I love my PSX adaptors he made for me and they work so well!!!

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2013, 11:37:18 PM »
Anyone know if he's been taking new orders?  I'm thinking I want two of those PSX to DB9 adapters..

On the note of depression;  My mother's side of the family have all had to deal with serious depression, my sister being Bipolar.  I used to have issues with depression, then I experimented with LSD and for the most part, I'd have to say I'm 'cured'.  

Came to the realization on a trip that life is way to awesome and strange to be depressed all the time!  And it's stuck.  I try to look at life as one entertainment after another, even sad drama is watched on TV as part of entertainment, so why can't life be the same way?  Then again I guess I do laugh sometimes at things that I shouldn't... :D

Anyhow, I'll see if there is a new email address up so I can contact him and see if I can get a couple of those adapters.

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2013, 11:36:39 AM »
Quote from: slaapliedje;735996
Anyone know if he's been taking new orders?  I'm thinking I want two of those PSX to DB9 adapters..

On the note of depression;  My mother's side of the family have all had to deal with serious depression, my sister being Bipolar.  I used to have issues with depression, then I experimented with LSD and for the most part, I'd have to say I'm 'cured'.  

Came to the realization on a trip that life is way to awesome and strange to be depressed all the time!  And it's stuck.  I try to look at life as one entertainment after another, even sad drama is watched on TV as part of entertainment, so why can't life be the same way?  Then again I guess I do laugh sometimes at things that I shouldn't... :D

Anyhow, I'll see if there is a new email address up so I can contact him and see if I can get a couple of those adapters.

slaapliedje

Good to hear that he's following through. I've bought a few things from Nathan over the years and was very sorry to hear of his illness.  All the very best mate, I hope things equalise for you. Again, all the very best.

Offline psxphill

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2013, 10:22:17 PM »
Quote from: slaapliedje;735996
Came to the realization on a trip that life is way to awesome and strange to be depressed all the time! And it's stuck.

Depression isn't being upset about the bad things in your life.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Depression/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Offline Florida

• Show only replies by Florida
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2013, 02:08:29 AM »
Thank you 'Amigamaniac' for coming through for the folks who needed your service. Respect from Florida.

I can't give you any advice on how to live your life. Specially since I don't know you at all; just learned about your person today. I don't know much about depression, however: The girl in the 'Zelda' outfit told us all to take a breather and that is good enough for me.

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2013, 06:42:03 PM »
Quote from: psxphill;736038
Depression isn't being upset about the bad things in your life.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Depression/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Never said it was.  I said I had came to the conclusion that Life is too awesome to waste it being depressed all the time.  You have to go day to day trying to find new ways to entice yourself to live.  You have to take a Zen attitude about everything and treat each new thing as a child would.  Open your eyes to the beauty around.

There is a specific line in Lethal Weapon where the Captain tells them, "You know why I don't have an ulcer, Riggs?  It's because I know when to say, "I don't give a !@#$."  

That was the beginning of my recuperation of Depression.  My mother still will talk about thoughts of suicide whenever she doesn't take her anti-depressants.  I was on anti-depressants for about 2 years when I finally realized that I just needed to say "I don't give a !@#$."  My life has been so much better since then.  I was off the anti-depressants for some time before I tried LSD (I don't recommend taking LSD if you are on any meds at all, especially if they are for mental issues.  It seems to strengthen them, so in the case of Lithium, it can cause an overdose of Lithium, which is extremely scary.)

In fact, I wouldn't say I'd recommend LSD for treatment of Depression, I'd suggest something more like Mushrooms, they're more natural and a smoother experience.  But whatever you do, don't do any psychedelics alone, a group of 3+1 sober person is good, and make sure you're all close friends and doing it in a safe environment.  Sober guy is for making sure you don't do anything more criminal than the psychedelic themselves... :D

Anyhow, I am only mentioning this from my personal experience of 15+ years ago.  It is the main reason I had tried out LSD and Psylocybin mushrooms in the first place, after about a year of research.

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.