Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Surface 3 - New direction, higher prices and crappy i3  (Read 16818 times)

Description:

Offline bbond007

• Show only replies by bbond007
Re: Surface 3 - New direction, higher prices and crappy i3
« Reply #224 from previous page: June 10, 2014, 03:46:58 AM »
Quote from: Duce;766055
Had the same issues with Android and SD cards, unfortunately.  If/when they ever get it working like it should - seamless storage between the onboard and card, I'll likely switch to Android entirely.

Well, it does work, but it's highly dependent on the app as well.  Winamp for example, works just fine with SD cards.  Fire it up and your media is there right away, ready to play.

VLC though, it sits there churning every single time I fire it up on my Android devices rescanning the SD card for media, and that takes far too long with a 64 GB card stacked full of media.

I was browsing some venue forums and I see someone had found a BIOS setting that increased the speed of my ssd as well as sd over 30%. I have no issue playing one 1080p video of the sd card while coping another video from a network share to the same sd-micro. Im sure surface 3 is just as capable.

I have two generations of galaxy tabs which are stuck on android 2.x and 3.x respectively without upgrades. Maybe that is my fault for buying samsung. I think that will be less of an issue with x86 windows.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #226 on: March 31, 2015, 10:54:45 PM »
Surface 3 (not Pro) on pre-order now.  Runs full 8.1 on an Intel atom quad 2.6ghz(burst).
So the smaller version of the surface still exists just no longer in the RT form.

By the way @pyromania  iOS has no support for a mouse. And nor should it. It's a touch device.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #227 on: March 31, 2015, 11:42:18 PM »
Glad to see Windows RT has been shown the door. New machine looks decent, but is too expensive for what it's offering. If they included the keyboard and pen at the $600 price point I could be persuaded.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #228 on: April 01, 2015, 12:11:12 AM »
I read $499, but still pricey for a 10" tablet, although USB 3.0 is not common for tablets this size.  Battery life is good as is screen resolution.