Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Next-Gen Amiga hardware  (Read 6249 times)

Description:

Offline Alkemyst

• Show only replies by Alkemyst
Re: The Next-Gen Amiga hardware
« Reply #74 from previous page: June 14, 2003, 01:40:56 PM »
by mdwh2 on 2003/6/14 2:37:34

@Psy, Alkemyst

You can't copyright words at all. You can have them as trademarks, on the other hand..

Yes your right & thats what i ment.

Psy was claiming that amiga.inc can not copyright Amiga wich is true but that not what amiga.inc or any amiga firm before have done.

So there was confusion on my part.

I think what Psy may of been saying is that amiga.inc can not use amiga as a trademark because its a word wich has already got a meaning, in wich case he is wrong.
PowerTower A1200,060/80Mhz,Heatsink&Fan,66MBRam,PowerFlyerGold,50xCDRomdrive,250Zip,2.1GB&34GB HD,internal Scandoubler & FF,19\\"Monitor,Mediator,Voodoo3-3000,PaceSolo 56k ,PortJnr2,ZEKeys-XS,SMON ,Os3.9

Offline jeffimix

• Show only replies by jeffimix
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2003, 03:23:45 PM »
I'll admit it, currently I can't afford a motherboard from Eyetech, just costs more spending cash than I have, but I still think they have their reasons for pricing the board as they did... zyco spech clones anyone? =D  

The Zydeco One. Comes free with bundled Zydeco Music...
\\"The only benchmarks that matter is my impression of the system while using the apps I use. Everything else is opinion.\\" - FooGoo

Offline bbrv

• Show only replies by bbrv
    • http://www.genesi-tech.com
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2003, 03:48:39 PM »
Hey jeffimix, join Phoenix and get a Pegasos I for 299 Euros!  We have four Resellers with a few left. Upgrade to the G4 for 200 Euros next month.

Contact greenboy@phinixi.com or check out the associated ANN thread...

Cheers!

R&B :-)

Offline jeffimix

• Show only replies by jeffimix
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2003, 04:08:32 PM »
it just looks better every time...
\\"The only benchmarks that matter is my impression of the system while using the apps I use. Everything else is opinion.\\" - FooGoo

Offline bbrv

• Show only replies by bbrv
    • http://www.genesi-tech.com
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2003, 07:34:45 PM »
P.S. Pro Statio Audio will be free to all Pegasos I owners...:-D  You can read about it HERE!

We will also be announcing the SuperBundle soon!  It will certainly include a few more suprises...;-)

Sincerely,

Raquel and Bill  :-)

Offline amiga_boyTopic starter

• Show only replies by amiga_boy
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2003, 09:32:39 AM »

NicoPPC wrote:

Well, you don't really an AGP*16 but indeed some AGP stuuf would be nice

The A1 has "some AGP stuuf", but why choose the ACCELERATED Graphics Port standard if you cannot utilise the maximum acceleration available?

Well, indeed MorphOS in not an Amiga. the Amiga is a computer, MorphOS is an OS...

The Amiga is a finely blended mix of hardware, OS and software. So there ;-)

MorphOS is an OS only available for the Pegasos if you want the latest version, AOS 4 will be available for classic systems as well as the A1 but is unlikely to appear for the Pegasos.

Could you please explain why MorphOS is not close to the  AmigaOS ?

Morphos IS close, but thats close as in "close but no cigar". Hell, Windows and UAE is close, lets forget about new technology and use that ;-)

We don't really need a killing gfx card, because all the AGP card should work on current hardware (I mean LinuxOne AND Pegasos). What we need is a good OS (MorphOS in my point of view), with drivers and many software (game, office stuff, broswer ...)

The original A1000 was designed to have a "killing gfx card", the result was that people sat up and took notice. Why bother to wait more than 2 years for a new hardware platform that only makes people yawn.

Whether you or I like it or not, the general public have been told that when looking at computer specifications, bigger numbers are better. This is the mindset of any new user. They simply will not grasp the fact that a leaner OS requires less clock cycles and less RAM.

At the end of the day this machine has to make Eyetech a nice profit or it will be the last they make. With an ever decreasing community, stiff competiton and all the other hurdles they face they will need to resort to every trick in the book to attract new customers. Don't think for a second that we will get to OS5 on the strength of the current market.
\\"Eagles may soar, but weasels don\\\'t get sucked into jet engines.\\"

Offline amiga_boyTopic starter

• Show only replies by amiga_boy
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2003, 09:58:16 AM »

pioneer wrote:
To Amiga_boy:

People like you are the delight of hardware manufacturers. You have to have the latest hardware, even though it doesn't make a bit of difference to what you're doing (games). Frankly I'm tired of the hardware snobs who are deluded enough to think they have the latest hardware (since something new comes out every day).

I seriously doubt I delighted any hardware manufacturers in the last year as I am unemployed and cannot even afford to buy 10 blank CDs, never mind a new machine.

When I have bought hardware I always bought the best available, that way I could be as certain as possible that my investment would give me the maximum return for my money.

Frankly, I'M TIRED OF IDIOTS WHO POST BOLLOCKS BECAUSE THEY CANNOT COUNTER WITH A REAL ARGUMENT.

I suggest you check this out:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=65707&dict=CALD

Snob? That's your opinion, but I'd rather be a snob than a moron.
\\"Eagles may soar, but weasels don\\\'t get sucked into jet engines.\\"