Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Slikstik feels 'crunchy' (Starfighter actually, but same thing)  (Read 387 times)

Description:

Offline jennadkTopic starter

• Show only replies by jennadk
So I have a 'StarFighter: The Ultimate Joystick' I use on my 1200, and it's rather, ah, crunchy? Like, you can feel the contacts rubbing inside of it. For some games it just has a better 'feel' than using my Genesis pad so I'd really like to fix it up.

Is this a common issue with older sticks? Or is this just due to the nature of how this specific one is made? If so, would a micro-switch style stick like the Competition Pro be a better choice?

Offline danbeaver

Re: Slikstik feels 'crunchy' (Starfighter actually, but same thing)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 04:21:57 AM »
Quote from: jennadk;788946
So I have a 'StarFighter: The Ultimate Joystick' I use on my 1200, and it's rather, ah, crunchy? Like, you can feel the contacts rubbing inside of it. For some games it just has a better 'feel' than using my Genesis pad so I'd really like to fix it up.

Is this a common issue with older sticks? Or is this just due to the nature of how this specific one is made? If so, would a micro-switch style stick like the Competition Pro be a better choice?

No.  No. Possibly.

You would (at least I would) have to open it up and check the contacts and stick movement to determine and fix the issue.  Joysticks are not Rocket Science, but visual inspection will clarify the issue.

Offline jennadkTopic starter

• Show only replies by jennadk
Re: Slikstik feels 'crunchy' (Starfighter actually, but same thing)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 04:29:34 AM »
Good point, I've opened it up before some years back to clean up the contacts, it's possibly corrosion or wear though so I'll definitely check again.