Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 4000ppc with Debian apus  (Read 6650 times)

Description:

Offline RotzloeffelTopic starter

Amiga 4000ppc with Debian apus
« on: January 12, 2010, 05:18:19 PM »
Hi volks,

I installed a working Debian system with APUS on an a 4000 with cyberstorm PPC/ 233 Mhz and upgraded it sucessfully to Sarge. :roflmao:

Now my question: the last known Kernel witch supports APUS is 2.6.15 I am actually working with the last kernel 2.4.17. I am unable to compile an 2.6.15 kernel because it allways ends in an Error-message. Is there anyone out who finaly did this? Or is the old bootstrab able to boot an 2.6.15 kernel?

I am an linux-kernel-compiler-newbee I have no idea what is going wrong.

I want to upgrade my system to lenny at least to use the ultimate collection of software. But this is not possible with this old kernel.

thanks in advance from the Black Forest Germany

Rotzloeffel
Save Planet Earth! It is the only one in the galaxy with fresh and cold beer :laughing:

Offline Dandy

• Show only replies by Dandy
    • http://www.wiehltalbahn.de/en/
Amiga 4000ppc with Debian apus
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 10:37:25 AM »
Quote from: Rotzloeffel;537871

Hi volks,

I installed a working Debian system with APUS on an a 4000 with cyberstorm PPC/ 233 Mhz and upgraded it sucessfully to Sarge. :roflmao:

Hi Rotzlöffel,

Seems you already had more success than I ever had with respect to Linux.

I have the "Amiga Linux Compendium" CDs, but up to now I haven't succeeded to get a working Linux installed on my Amiga4000 PPC (68060@50mHz/PPC604e@200mHz; 128mB) with Mediator and Voodoo4.

This was mainly because the Kernel on the CDs didn't support the UW-SCSI hostadaptor on my CSPPC.
When looking on the web for a newer kernel that has support for the UW-SCSI I got completely lost given the enormous multiplicity on available kernels.

As I never messed around with linux before, I have absolutely no idea what I need to set up a properly running Linux system on my A4kPPC.

What kernel runs with what bootstrap?
I'm really confused by all that...

Quote from: Rotzloeffel;537871

thanks in advance from the Black Forest Germany

the same from Cologne...
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)