Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: E-UAE on G4 1gHz Powerbook HELP!  (Read 1856 times)

Description:

Offline amigadaveTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
E-UAE on G4 1gHz Powerbook HELP!
« on: January 05, 2007, 06:41:37 PM »
I have tried last year and given up, and I have been trying again over the last 3 days to get an emulated Amiga running on my PPC powerbook with no luck.  Can someone here please help.

I have downloaded all the necessary files, installed them in the proper directories per the Hi-Toro guide, installed LibSDL properly, and still cannot get the emulation to boot Amiga workbench.

I have AmigaForever and have downloaded all the Kickstart ROM files and the keyfile.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.  I am trapped in bed recovering from my back surgery and it is not possible for me to sit at a desk to use my Amigas at this time, but I want to do some AMOS programming while I am on my laptop.

Thanks in advance,
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
Re: E-UAE on G4 1gHz Powerbook HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 07:21:36 PM »

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 09:11:26 PM »
@SamuraiCrow,

Tried that, still no joy.

Could anyone out there running E-UAE on a PPC Mac or Linux or Pegasos, please send me their configuration file to use instead of "default.uaerc"?

Thanks

Offline skurk

• Show only replies by skurk
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 09:56:11 PM »
Hmm, I'm running E-UAE on a G4 iBook this very moment, no problems here.  I'm also using Hi-Toro for configuration.

What do you mean "cannot get the emulation to boot Amiga workbench"?

Do you see the "boot" screen? (Hand holding a floppy, or an animated floppy entering the disk drive?)
Code 6502 asm or... DIE!!

[C64, C128, A500, A600, A1200, A3000, MBP+Mini, Efika/MOS2.1, Sam440 w/AOS4.1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 12:45:19 AM »
Finally got E-UAE to boot after moving all folders and files from the Application folder to "\myusername\applications" folder.

I still need some help getting the hardfile to show up and transferring files from the Mac folders to the hardfile.

I also notice that the F11+F1 to F4 key presses does not bring me to a menu to insert an adf file into one of the floppy drives.

I have AMOS Pro in floppy form, but I downloaded all the AMOS Pro files from AMOS Factory's site in hopes that it would be easier to install from those files than transferring the adf images via my PC + Catweasle and then transferring the files to the Mac via the wireless network.  So what is the easy way to see the lha AMOS Pro files on my Mac from the emulated Amiga?

Sorry for such basic questions, but I am a bit of a n00b on the Mac too as I only use it for email and internet browsing.

Offline skurk

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 09:21:39 AM »
Why use a hardfile?  I have hd0: mapped to a local directory, works just as fine, no diskspace limit (other than on the Mac) and it's much easier moving files from/to the amiga :)

Just use the "Add directory" button.

Offline NoFastMem

• Show only replies by NoFastMem
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »

amigadave wrote:
I also notice that the F11+F1 to F4 key presses does not bring me to a menu to insert an adf file into one of the floppy drives.

Do you have "Use F1-F12 keys to control software features" checked under OSX's Keyboard & Mouse preferences?
AKA that_punk_guy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 07:29:08 PM »

NoFastMem wrote:

amigadave wrote:

Do you have "Use F1-F12 keys to control software features" checked under OSX's Keyboard & Mouse preferences?

No, I did not and I have not seen this documented anywhere in any of the E-UAE guides.  Thanks for that tip, I have it checked now and will try again in just a few minutes.

These are the kinds of configuration tips that are missing, or I did not see them, in the E-UAE setup guides.  Maybe it is my fault for not knowing more about the Mac, as I have only been using one for a few years and have not delved too deeply into all the Mac features.

Thanks again :-)

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 07:36:17 PM »

skurk wrote:
Why use a hardfile?  I have hd0: mapped to a local directory, works just as fine, no diskspace limit (other than on the Mac) and it's much easier moving files from/to the amiga :)

Just use the "Add directory" button.

I have added a directory so I can easily share files between the Mac side and the Amiga, but do you also use this added directory to boot the Amiga from?

Should I create a new Mac folder just for installing the AmigaOS into?  I guess I will go try it and find out for myself.

I think I am getting really close to sorting this out, thanks for the help.

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 09:33:16 PM »
@skurk,

Can you see and use the CD/DVD drive on the Mac from the emulated Amiga?  I have set the options to use SCSI emulation and entered DVD in the drop down list box, but have not had any success yet.  Perhaps this is because I am still booting from the Workbench 3.1 adf and not a HDD yet with a full install of OS 3.1.

Still working on getting E-UAE set up correctly.

Offline skurk

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 09:38:18 PM »

amigadave wrote:
I have added a directory so I can easily share files between the Mac side and the Amiga, but do you also use this added directory to boot the Amiga from?

Yes, It's all I have.  No ADF's are mounted either, WB3.1 and all apps are on the "hd directory".

Should I create a new Mac folder just for installing the AmigaOS into?  I guess I will go try it and find out for myself.

It's up to you.  As I said, all I have is one dir with everything in it.  If the directory is empty, you are dumped into a "dumb" Amiga shell.