Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOne X1000 First Contact Latest Batch  (Read 3933 times)

Description:

Offline amigakitTopic starter

AmigaOne X1000 First Contact Latest Batch
« on: July 20, 2013, 02:24:20 PM »
We are pleased to confirm that the third consumer batch of AmigaOne X1000 "First Contact" has started to arrive with us this week from Varisys.  

We ask all remaining outstanding customers who have registered interest with us to Checkout here in order to not miss out.  Thank you for your patience whilst the new batch was being manufactured and quality tested.

Important: Some customer email addresses have since expired or bounced back when we have tried to contact, please make contact with us if you have not received an email.  We will try emailing twice before removing you from the list.

There will be some new driver updates installed on the latest systems as software development has been on-going in the meantime.

http://www.amigakit.com/x1000
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline polyp2000

• Show only replies by polyp2000
    • https://soundcloud.com/polyp/sets/polyp-2013
Re: AmigaOne X1000 First Contact Latest Batch
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 01:56:30 PM »
I wish i had money to burn.:(

Offline ZeBeeDee

• Show only replies by ZeBeeDee
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 02:33:56 PM »
Waste of money
To err is human ... to BOING divine!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 05:27:22 PM »
Quote from: ZeBeeDee;741469
Waste of money

I think the X1000 is a cool system but it's a bit expensive.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline Acill

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 08:12:53 PM »
I'll admit its the most advanced "Amiga" to date, but man, $2800 is a bit much to spend on a system that will only run OS4.1 when you can get a very nice MorphOS system and a licence on a G5 for a fraction of that.

I wish I had money to burn though, I bet these are some fantastic machines.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 08:48:50 PM »
Anyone want to buy a kidney? :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 08:51:51 PM »
Quote from: Acill;741491
I'll admit its the most advanced "Amiga" to date

I wouldn't go that far, the 2.7GHz Dual Processor G5 PowerMac is much faster I bet.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Nostalgiac

• Show only replies by Nostalgiac
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 08:53:16 PM »
£2200 ?? woooo... I'll have a dozen... yeah right...

Tom UK
2000/2060/128mb/2320/2gb/C64-3D/Hydra-Aminet on OS 3.9

c128/1541/1750/1351 with Dolphin Dos and eprom burner

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 11:24:43 PM »
Just out of curiosity, since these first released, were the OS 4.x drivers ever fully completed, or are customers still waiting on these?
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 11:29:16 PM »
@XDelusion

some are still a 'work in progress,' i'm afraid. the onboard SATA2 driver, ethernet driver, and audio driver are complete. the 2D support for radeonHD cards is complete. the 3D support is not. and offloading video to the GPU is not. but since many people also have 9250s or similar video cards installed and are driving more than one monitor, that's one way of getting around the issue.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 11:54:50 PM »
Still no mobo only option, shame.

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 12:14:20 AM »
"Just out of curiosity, since these first released, were the OS 4.x drivers ever fully completed, or are customers still waiting on these?"

Yes apparently still waiting on finished drivers. 2800$ for a computer missing drivers... Not good.

And yes a 100$ used ebay powermac is faster.

Offline agami

• Show only replies by agami
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 04:14:01 AM »
Quote from: polyp2000;741467
I wish i had money to burn.:(

I wish I had money left over from the burning money.
---------------AGA Collection---------------
1) Amiga A4000 040 40MHz, Mediator PCI, Voodoo 3 3000, Creative PCI128, Fast Ethernet, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
2) Amiga A1200 040 25MHz, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, IDEfix, PCMCIA WiFi, slim slot load DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
3) Amiga CD32 + SX1, OS 3.1

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 09:50:59 AM »
One thing I think people forget (which I pointed out on amigworld) is because this is a unique system and not just a second hand mac or pc the value of it will remain quite high, I'm pretty sure if i wanted to I could sell my X1000 for close to the price I bought it and this is after a years plus worth of use out of it, for many other systems this would not be the case. If you really think of it this way the X1000 might only cost you a few hundred quid as I'm sure you be able to get most of the money back when/if you want to sell the unit, so grab one, who knows the value might go up, it did with Eyetech boards.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 10:37:19 AM »
Quote from: AmigaNG;741563
One thing I think people forget (which I pointed out on amigworld) is because this is a unique system and not just a second hand mac or pc the value of it will remain quite high, I'm pretty sure if i wanted to I could sell my X1000 for close to the price I bought it and this is after a years plus worth of use out of it, for many other systems this would not be the case. If you really think of it this way the X1000 might only cost you a few hundred quid as I'm sure you be able to get most of the money back when/if you want to sell the unit, so grab one, who knows the value might go up, it did with Eyetech boards.

You sound like you are doing marketing for a oldtimer or a piece of art (f.e. painting) in a auction. But we are talking not about collectors items but about computers that are today normal for everyone. That is what the X1000 has to compare with and there it is completely crazy overprized. And when I hear that the successor (propably) is not (much) cheaper and that another planned model even more expensive then it looks completely insane. It would not work in the 68k community, not in AROS nor MorphOS camp and for sure not in the "outside world" but only in AmigaOS camp where a couple of hundred user seem to buy everything at any price when it is running AmigaOS. The AmigaOS users are melk cows but they seem to be happy with it. I personal had hoped that Trevor would invest his money to go in the opposite direction (cheaper options to get a bigger community) but it seems not. In the AROS world people are working on cheap options like ARM-based devices so I hope this will succeed.