Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Simple WinUAE Guide  (Read 2752 times)

Description:

Offline morcarTopic starter

A Simple WinUAE Guide
« on: February 18, 2008, 07:55:49 PM »
A lot of people seems to have problems in setting up WinUAE the Amiga emulator. So I thought it might be a good idea on showing people how to set the emulator up for running games. So first off download WinUAE from www.winuae.net then install it like you would normaly.

Now we need the kick start roms and to cover everything you need 1.3, 2.0 and 3.0 if you have not got them just Google it and I am sure you will find something ;)

Put the roms into the WinUAE folder

Now start up WinUAE

Now on the left hand side you got a load of options click on quickstart and you should get a window like this

Now where you can see the word model you can change what type of Amiga you want. Please make sure that if the game is for an Amiga 1200 then you have to pick that model as it uses the AGA chipset. Also some of the older games will only work on an Amiga 500 so make sure the game you have is for the right model.

For now I am going to play Zool Amiga 500 version so I have to set the model to Amiga 500 then click on the button Select disk image and pick the game. If the game has 2 or more disks you can start other drives up although some games will not use the extra drives. To use an extra drive tick the box next to floppy drive DF1:

So now your windows should look something like this

Now what about a joystick or joypad ??

Well that’s easy as well click on Game & I/O ports on the left hand side and click on the port 1 box and pick your controller.

Now a good thing to do so that you don’t keep doing the same settings is to go up to Configurations put a name in the name box (EG Amiga 500) and then click on to save then if you need this setting you have all there and it`s only a matter of clicking on the name and then load.

Anyway now you can click on start and the game will load.