Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The site is very slow...  (Read 21473 times)

Description:

Offline TheGoose

• Show only replies by TheGoose
    • http://www.amiga.org/forums/blog.php?u=827
Re: The site is very slow...
« Reply #149 from previous page: July 07, 2011, 02:02:07 AM »
I'm really puzzled by this mystery. And I still do not have any trouble reaching or loading the site from home(Time Warner) or work (University).

Still, other are having some real consistent trouble.

Hmmm, makes me think about NameServers/DNS and who is handling it? Has it always been the same? Some of these descriptions sound like the name could not be resolved.
G1200, A3000D, A1200 PPC AOS4.0C

I\'m on Google +

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2011, 09:23:03 AM »
Quote from: Duce;648513
Had a near 1 hour timeout (site entirely unreachable) at about 12 pm (MST) today, tested on multiple browsers (FF, IE, Chrome, Safari), multiple systems (PC, Mac, iPad and iPhone), and over ADSL and 3G.

Not a biggie, just wanted to give a heads up.

For once, I think that may have coincided with some maintenance work the hosting company were doing.
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2011, 09:33:29 AM »
Quote from: TheGoose;648514
I'm really puzzled by this mystery. And I still do not have any trouble reaching or loading the site from home(Time Warner) or work (University).

Still, other are having some real consistent trouble.

Hmmm, makes me think about NameServers/DNS and who is handling it? Has it always been the same? Some of these descriptions sound like the name could not be resolved.

That would explain not being able to connect at all or the occasional extreme lag (which I've had in the past too), but not the various "VB database error" messages.

FWIW, these messages are pretty generic and not necessarily indicative of a problem with the database content since any error at all (including failure to connect in the first place) that is caught by VB will result in this page being shown.
int p; // A

Offline Tension

« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2011, 11:56:06 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;648557
That would explain not being able to connect at all or the occasional extreme lag (which I've had in the past too), but not the various "VB database error" messages.

FWIW, these messages are pretty generic and not necessarily indicative of a problem with the database content since any error at all (including failure to connect in the first place) that is caught by VB will result in this page being shown.

VB is a bloody horrid system anyway.  Shame.

Offline Tension

« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2011, 11:52:11 PM »
Received a invalid response.

Offline Tension

Re: Intermittent 500 error
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »
My IP address has been blocked etc,  message sent to webmaster.

Is this anything to do with the ongoing issues??

Starting to get annoying now quite frankly.

Offline Tension

Re: Intermittent 500 error
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2011, 04:44:26 PM »
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@amiga.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at amiga.org Port 80

meh.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
The site is very slow...
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2011, 07:05:04 PM »
I had to turn off the cache, bots from banned ip ranges were filling it up with ip ban notifications and there were login complications for a few people too. So were back to running out of db connections far more frequently instead.
int p; // A