Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Handheld  (Read 2064 times)

Description:

Offline chipper701Topic starter

• Show only replies by chipper701
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~cgh5541/
Amiga Handheld
« on: December 05, 2002, 08:24:13 AM »
If there was a handheld Amiga game system, what games would you like to see? Any addons? What should it be called? How about Amiga Amy?

Offline Kay

• Show only replies by Kay
    • http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kayare
Re: Amiga Handheld
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2002, 10:31:02 AM »
> If there was a handheld Amiga game system, what games would you like to see?

WormsDC!

> Any addons?

Something to turn the unit into a phaser!

> What should it be called?

Amiga Gameboy! No wait...Amiga Zaurus! No, heck darn, that's taken too...Amiga Pilot! No, dang...ah, smeg it, I'm no good at this.

Kay

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2002, 11:34:11 AM »
What format do you think it should have? Cartridge, CD, DVD, or mini CD's? New concept.. Handheld Amiga and dvd player..hmmm

Offline Lodbro

• Show only replies by Lodbro
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2002, 11:57:47 AM »
i would like to see an amiga handheld wich came with some thingy that u could hook up to your amiga-comp and upload old amiga-games and play them on the handheld  :)
other then that i would like it to use cartridges coz i just like 'em   :-D
If you\\\'re looking for trouble you can find me on the internet... motherf**ker

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2002, 01:07:06 PM »
link to the Amiga would be a must I think. I think also that no matter what storage format used we should have compulations, say 1 cd or cartridge with about 100 games. Talk about value that gameboy couldnt touch.

Offline Nick

• Show only replies by Nick
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2002, 02:11:22 PM »
A mini CD would be cool. To hold say 40MB. They would be nice and small and maybe in a special case.
A bit like a small mini-disc. Largish screen and resolution (640x480). Good LCD screen with touch
screen maybe. It would be nice if it felt like a joypad and not a small box. With two analog sticks
and a few buttons including shoulder buttons. If it were using a decent processor to run some
version of OpenGL or Warp3D, it would be onto a winner. I think it would have to be DE compatible as
it would have access to some decent PDA specific games. All of this would easily beat a stupid
GameBoy Advance into the ground.

Offline KingTutt

• Show only replies by KingTutt
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2002, 01:29:48 AM »
Tell me about it pal, only us Amigans know the true potential of Amiga, something not even the marketing teams seem to be good at gauging.

Anyway, it would have to be upto the latest standards. Maybe using a usb 2.0 connector for multiplayer games option? Or maybe even internet ready? It could have hosted games not unlike the MAME kali game servers. Imagine playing 2 player Supercars II, Crazy Cars 3 or the Lotus series without the split screen! Stunt car racer anyone?

mini CDs is a terrific idea 40mb! translates to at least 20 games of 2mbs each. But everyone knows that most Amiga games were between 512K - 880K. Some even as small as 150K. So potentially meaning upto 80 games or more games per mini CD. Put that in ya pipe and smoke it GBA!!!!

Anyway just a fellow Amigans wet dream for now.
If I said I was the best you would think I am boasting. But if I said I was not, then you KNOW I am lying! ~Bruce Lee.