Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [WORLD PREMIERE] Legends do not die - All star  (Read 1688 times)

Description:

Offline Cool_amigaNTopic starter

• Show only replies by Cool_amigaN
[WORLD PREMIERE] Legends do not die - All star
« on: October 01, 2011, 11:57:59 PM »
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  If you want to watch directly the video PRESS HERE.
|                                                                                                                                      
|  If you want to download directly to your hd PRESS HERE.
|                                                                                                                                      
|  A simple comment on video's webpage will be enough to motivate me for the future :).
|                                                                                                                                      
| Thank you.
+ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Ladies and gents!

I've finally finished my project, after 1,5 month of hard work!

THE IDEA

The Amiga, represents a golden era of computer games. From time to time efforts have been made to visualize the impact it had on gamers. Various videos on YT (such as 100 Amiga games in 10 minutes) and video collections (Amiga Longplays) , include gaming footage or are consisted from fan made companies' tributes.
However, most of them suffer from:
1) Low res syndrome, that, that gets worse on =>19inch monitors' playback.
2) Excessive frame skipping.
3) Bad quality or no soundtrack at all.
4) Bad or no composition at all (footage thrown without consistency).

The above combination, literally destroys the image of the games presented. Especially us, Amiga dedicated gamers, who have passed countless hours in front of these games, can easily spot the difference!

]THE COMPLETION

Having spent years behind joysticks plugged into our beloved computers, I've come to know most of the games by heart (like many of us). A lot of games had captured my imagination and I was always thinking about making a series of video footage to (re)present them, with the following in mind:
1) Cinematic feeling.
2) Video resampling to be compatible with HD resolutions.
3) Vivid presentation of the each game, meaning that the video would be designed by a gamer for gamers.

THE RESULT

The result can be found HERE (remember to louden the volume and activate HD playback).

You can also download the offline HD version HERE.

Video specs: MPEG-4 24bits/1920x1080@30FPS, H.264, BitRate~15000, AAC@256kbs/Stereo/48kHz/16Bit.

This episode was designed like a premiere of series, titled "Legends do not die", where as in the first episode we have a mixture from "All Star" moments along an introductory text.

NOTES

Please bear in mind that when it comes to video manipulation I am a complete noob, therefore do not expect a Steven Spielberg production! Frankly speaking, it was the first time that I 've worked with a compositor (Video Studio Pro X4), Video Effects (Adobe After Effects) and 3D (Cinema 4D) along with more software used. However, in the process I 've learned countless details around codec incompatibilities, software and hardware limitations.  Nevertheless, this was a very creative process and I was getting the same feeling when I was opening, almost two decades ago, text editor in wb1.3 and let my imagtion take over!

CONTINUING

Although, as I've stated up above this is intended to become a series of videos (with an All Star 2 - coming next since I've deliberately left out a great portion of genres, games and companies, I am finding it very hard to continue, especially within this year:
1) It's very difficult for just one man to handle the whole project and create 4 minutes' long or more, of good quality gaming videos. Personally, it took me almost 1.5 month to complete it and it drained 100% of my free time.
2) The hardware I own (Core2Duo@2.4Ghz/3GB Ram), doesn't make up to my imagination and expectations! Countless time I've reach limitations since it was almost impossible to make a simple preview of my work or render, e.g. for 30 fps (1 sec), I needed 5 minutes of caching in After Effects, for raytracing in Cinema 4D, more complex enviroments/objects I would be needing around a week(!).
3) Countless software crashes (in conjunction with hardware limits), were forcing me over and over again to render a scene, which had already took me 5-6 hours, because e.g I was out of ram. These, repeated events caused my patience to reach zero.
4) My knowledge isn't sufficient to speed up the completion of the project. I was forced to read several tutorials, thus losing even more time, though I have to state that this was one (and the biggest) of the benefits.

FINAL WORDS

If you enjoyed the video, a simple comment on YT would be sufficient for a thank you :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

* Btw, my respects go to the people behind CGI/3D etc, working in professional level. If one hasn't tried, can't understand the level of difficulty, in order to reach a certain degree of quality result. It consumes a lot of time and needs knowledge and talent (meaning everything that I lack of, LOL)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:00:54 AM by Cool_amigaN »

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
Re: [WORLD PREMIERE] Legends do not die - All star
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 05:25:08 AM »
Hi,

@Cool amigaN,

Spielberg looks like a noob to you.

OMG I placed a personal attack on Spielberg,

Argos

Please forgive me, I was just trying to give credit to AmigaN.

I promise, I will not do this again (place a personal attack on Spielberg)

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 05:44:54 AM »
Very nicely done! My one suggestion would be to break up the genres. You've got all the shoot-'em-ups together, all the platformers, racing games, etc. Mixing them up more randomly would help showcase the variety of games.

Hope to see more video work from you - this really is very good.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 05:53:33 AM »
Impressive!

Specially if this is your first production.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline VingtTrois

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by VingtTrois
    • http://www.amiga.org/gallery/images/6006/1_2316_My_AMIGA_Collection_Sept2010.jpg
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 11:07:54 AM »
Excellent!  Very nice! Thanks.
-A3K(T)040@35MHz/78MB/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/PICASSO II/GVP IO/A2088XT/DENEB/HDD18GB
-A3K(D)030@25MHz/134MB RAM/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/RETINA Z2/OKTAGON 2008/VLAB YC/MIDI/DKB3128/HDD18GB
-A2K/ROM 1.3-3.1/2MBCHIP/8MB/A2091/OKTAGON 2008/A2058/TANDEM IDE/FlickerFixer-Scandoubler/Genlock
-A1200/KS3.1/2MB+9MB/CF2GB A1200[/

Offline zipper

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »
Hah -
> This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Has to download from Youtube...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:07:41 PM by zipper »

Offline cicero790

• Show only replies by cicero790
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 01:46:44 PM »
Well done. Looking forward to more.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 08:38:46 AM by cicero790 »
A1200 030 40MHz: 2/32MB Indivision AGA MkII
A600 7 MHz: 2MB
AROS 600 MHz
PC 13600 MHz: quad core i7 2600K 3.4GHz: 16GB RAM: ATI HD6950 2GB   (Yes I know)

WINUAE AmiKit ClassicWB AmigaSYS UAE4Droid  

Offline Domi73

• Show only replies by Domi73
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »
Really nice video!

Offline orb85750

• Show only replies by orb85750
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 10:52:45 PM »
Thanks for a few minutes of fun.  Nice presentation.

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 11:08:36 PM »
Very cool! Love the music, but some of the screenshots of certain games were a little hastened trying to keep time. Hard to read some of the titles too, but all in all - awesome! Great little tribute to an awesome machine.  :)

Offline rednova

• Show only replies by rednova
    • https://sites.google.com/site/rednova3d/
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 12:03:29 AM »
Dear amigo :

I loved your video. great stuff!!!

Rednova
-mobilis in mobile-