Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DPS Personal Animation Recorder reverse-engineering: info wanted  (Read 522 times)

Description:

Offline mark_kTopic starter

DPS Personal Animation Recorder reverse-engineering: info wanted
« on: December 17, 2019, 05:26:54 PM »
I posted this request to EAB a couple of days ago but figure there are more "real hardware" guys over here. :)

I have been looking at the DPS Personal Animation Recorder program code, with a view to documenting how the board works. In future it may be possible for emulators to support it, at least to the extent of playing back stills & animations.

I don't have the original hardware. If anyone does have a PAR card, PAL or NTSC, here are some things that I'd like to see:
  • High-res pics of PAR boards with text on all the chips legible. The pics on amiga.resource.cx aren't clear enough.
  • PDF/scans/pics of any manuals other than the installation manual. Was there a separate manual for the PAR software?
  • Image files of PAR IDE drives. In the future it may be possible to use custom software on the Amiga to do that, without needing to disconnect the drive from PAR board. But for the time being, disconnecting the drive and connecting it to a PC for imaging would be easiest.
  • Files copied from the same PAR drives. With the PAR software running, it should be possible to copy files from DD0:/DD1:/DDR: to a normal partition, from where they could be archived/uploaded.
  • Screen grabs of the various screens/windows in the PAR program, done using a screen-capture program on the Amiga. That will help me figure out which routine in the program handles each gadget.
  • A dump of the board's AutoConfig data (I can give instructions on how to get that).