Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buddha 2018  (Read 18537 times)

Description:

Offline wbrejnia

• Show only replies by wbrejnia
Re: Buddha 2018
« Reply #149 from previous page: September 22, 2018, 03:44:02 AM »
Quote from: gizmo350;837295
Great! I think Curtis needs to do that too - at least check his revision.

@gazsp If the BFlashTool V1.3 is loaded, will it show the current revision without actually flashing CPLD?

@curtis Here's the latest flash tool for 20th anniversary Buddha.... :)
http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/File:BFlashTool.lha

Just remember the CPLD update tool is a different utility, named Buddha_CPLD.  It comes in a separate archive on the iComp wiki.  You have to use a cable you either make, or Jens sends you (at the end of March) to update the CPLD from the Amiga's parallel port to the header on the card itself.  The card MUST be plugged into a Zorro slot at the time, else, the card will not be detected by the CPLD update utility, and it will error out and fail. 

The flash ROM, instead, can be updated directly to the card over the Zorro bus with no cables, from command line.

Make sure, with both utilities, that when they ask if you want to proceed with updating, you press CAPITAL Y, else it will not start.

To update the CPLD, you need BOTH of these archives (one is the update files, the other is the updater):

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/File:Buddha_CPLD.zip

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/File:BuddhaCPLD.lha

Update the CPLD *first* and then flash the ROM, else it doesn't work.  After doing both of my cards, they now work as they should.
Hello there,

I just ordered a BUDDHA card for a A2000 that's been sitting idle for a year.
Done everything possible I could with HW for A2000 last time I had it out,  so this Card appeared to be a interesting project.
I've got IDE Drives, SD Cards, Compact Flash Cards, and associate IDE Adapters, and other stuff for the Fully Loaded A2k.

From what I read thru on this thread there are some issues that need to be worked thru (in in post quoted), but otherwise it works.

Is that true?
Anything else I should know about from everyone's experience with a A2000.

Looking forward to the Card Arriving.

Offline lost_lovenTopic starter

• Show only replies by lost_loven
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2018, 03:30:55 PM »
You will get the updated version and should have no problems.. I just tried out a ide to Sd card adapter and works great. I tried various hard drives as well and no problems.. Don't bother with SSD drives.. I tried a 120 gig and no go.
Now I have gone from no space to way to much space! Its a quest to fill :)
A3000D 2 meg chip, 4 meg fast,128 meg zorram! 16 gig scsi2sd, 3.1 ROM, A3640, Indivision ECS, X-surf-100. Rapid Road usb, Amd scsi chip, Buster11. FTP service now with my Ethernet WD2TB Live Book, haha love it !
hp lappy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lost666loven?feature=mhum

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2018, 05:27:39 PM »
Against my better judgment, I took off my 3640 and now, of course, the A3000 doesn't boot at all.

The 3640 was installed when I got the computer, so I'm not hip to how it was installed.  Are there jumpers on the A3000 motherboard I need to adjust if I take off the 3640, or should it just work?

Yes, if you remove the 3640 you must change jumpers to set cpu and clock instructions. The link provided in the thread gives you details. The a3k will not boot without these changes.
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2018, 05:31:17 PM »
I ordered and received my buddah from amigakit about 2 months ago. It boots fine with the DOM module and goes to the install screen. However, Any device i hook up the other other main ide port (yes with a 40 wire ide cable and the jumpers removed and DOM removed) puts my amiga in a non bootable state. Even though the wiki states the card works OOTB. I was hoping to use the 40gb ide drive from my old A4000 with all my files on it. Its set to master and just locks the machine... I also tried another older ide drive i had sitting around and same thing. Any advice?  I forgot to order the cable for the jtag but the board should be loaded with the most recent firmware from amigakit right?
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline Blatboy

• Show only replies by Blatboy
    • https://www.jwalterhawkes.com
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2019, 05:57:58 PM »
get it going?

So, yeah, it's been a minute since I've gotten back to you on this... what, about 7 months?  Here is another tale of idiocy and tangents:

As I was troubleshooting the Buddha and attempting to update the CPLD (more on that in a moment) I figured I'd take off the 3640 and attempt using the Buddha without it.   It didn't go so well... I was so young and foolish back then in September.  I realized I didn't know what jumpers to set on the a3000 motherboard go back to a non-accelerated situation.  So, instead of doing the 15 minutes of research I'd need to figure that out  ::), I aborted that approach and put the 3640 back on.  Then the machine wouldn't boot.  I tried reseating it etc etc.  Nope.  No dice.  I did have a version with backwards caps, so I figured I'd have someone fix that.  (Thank you @Acill ) Alas.  It couldn't be repaired.  The board was dead as a doornail.  :(   So, in a fit of financial irresponsibility, I picked up an a3660.  So, now we're back to testing Buddha!

Ahem.  Then I read the below (emphasis mine) from @kirk_m

Just remember the CPLD update tool is a different utility, named Buddha_CPLD.  It comes in a separate archive on the iComp wiki.  You have to use a cable you either make, or Jens sends you (at the end of March) to update the CPLD from the Amiga's parallel port to the header on the card itself. The card MUST be plugged into a Zorro slot at the time, else, the card will not be detected by the CPLD update utility, and it will error out and fail. 
/SNIP

OY.  Yeah.  I was trying to update the CPLD without the card attached in the Zorro slot.  My first try updating the CPLD correctly worked like a charm.

So, that rather stupid mistake sent me on a wonderful, expensive, and needless 7 month journey...  I hereby deserve any hell anyone feels to throw in my direction.

*sigh* Onward!