Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mini-Mig Bill of Materials  (Read 8657 times)

Description:

Offline Crom00Topic starter

• Show only replies by Crom00
Mini-Mig Bill of Materials
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:33:38 PM »
Working on getting a small run of these made in China. To get real world costs the factories need a Bill of Materials. The schematics on Dennis' site are not enough.

How many of  you have assembled working boards? If you have, can you be so kind to post the COMPLETE BOM for others out there?

This would constist of Part name, part number, supplier right down to resistors and capacitors.

This could be beneficial to any small run producers and hobbyist..

Factories have expressed a high interest level in this project. The only thing holding us back from producing a small run right away is getting the cost estimate via a BOM. We have experience producing specialty runs of toys and electronics we're anxious to get this moving foward.

Comon folks this is your chance to get Mini-Mig executed.

Any boards produced will be made available HERE at AMIGA.ORG FIRST

Offline djbase

Re: Mini-Mig Bill of Materials
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 04:43:27 PM »
None, because its hard to get the needed parts around. The 68k is discontinued at Freescale.
AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 04:47:48 PM »
Ok that's good to know. Any pin compatible direct replacements?

Offline Hans_

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 04:52:25 PM »

DJBase wrote:
None, because its hard to get the needed parts around. The 68k is discontinued at Freescale.

Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that Freescale was still producing 3.3V 68000 - 68060 chips. The best thing to do is to go to their website and check the official status. IIRC, the old 5V DIL chips are discontinued; surface mount versions are still available.

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.

Offline tonyyeb

• Show only replies by tonyyeb
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 04:54:21 PM »
Chris (aka tonyyeb)

Offline Plaz

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 05:03:54 PM »
I haven't seen any news about dropping the 68K line. The web site still shows it as an active product.... the surfacemount type anyway.
Freescale 68K Microprocessors

Plaz

Offline little

• Show only replies by little
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 05:04:43 PM »
The 68k is discontinued at Freescale.

Huh? I checked a few days ago and they were still in production (dunno if you havr to buy a thousand pieces), the ones that got the axe were the (68k) dragonball procesors; which makes sense since coldfire is much better.

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 05:24:07 PM »

tonyyeb wrote:
Is this what you need?

http://www.opencircuits.com/Minimig_Board_v1.0_components

Thank you brother! I just sent this to the factories, they will advise if it's good enough for costing. After that I'll assemble a complete BOM with all packaging, instruction sheet spces and pack in materials.

Offline narmi

• Show only replies by narmi
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 05:33:16 PM »

DJBase wrote:

The exact part Dennis used is discontinued because it is not RoHS compliant.  There is a RoHS compliant part that is pin compatible.

Offline trip6

• Show only replies by trip6
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 05:56:15 PM »
@CROM00

Make sure in your BOM you substitute ISSI (IS62WV51216BLL-55TI) for 68AW512M ,an ST 512Kx16 SRAM in a 44 pin TSSOPII package, is no longer produced.

Offline whiteb

• Show only replies by whiteb
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 06:00:27 PM »

Crom00 wrote:
Working on getting a small run of these made in China. To get real world costs the factories need a Bill of Materials. The schematics on Dennis' site are not enough.

I made a list from the schematic and I am not in the Industry, To be honest, if they cannot make a part list from the schematic, then they are not the right company for the Job.

Each IC type is identified (74HC, LM etc), All the resistor values are there, in the Schematic file.
I even had all the Digikey part numbers, individual costs, costs of each part per 25, and per 100.

A4000D - CSMKII//128MB/IDE CF/Indivision Scandoubler
A1200
A1000

(And now a Minimig) :>)

Offline whiteb

• Show only replies by whiteb
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 06:07:44 PM »

narmi wrote:

DJBase wrote:

The exact part Dennis used is discontinued because it is not RoHS compliant.  There is a RoHS compliant part that is pin compatible.

Oh who cares about lead free, unless you are going to lick the Minimig to death.
A4000D - CSMKII//128MB/IDE CF/Indivision Scandoubler
A1200
A1000

(And now a Minimig) :>)

Offline trip6

• Show only replies by trip6
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 06:20:17 PM »
Also how about a FPGA socket for the Xilinx? Sockets for the other chips would be a good idea too...

ISI makes a FPGA socket...HiLo Socketing Solution

Interconnect Systems, Inc
708 Via Alondra, Camarillo, CA 93012

QuickLogic Corp. carries the ISI sockets as well...

I have been toying with the idea of a fully socketed board run... just the board with sockets not any other assembly.

This would eliminate some complex soldering problems... But it will increase the price...

Just a though...

Offline Hans_

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 06:29:35 PM »

whiteb wrote:
Oh who cares about lead free, unless you are going to lick the Minimig to death.

You know, I can almost picture some people here doing that.  :laughing:

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.

Offline freqmax

• Show only replies by freqmax
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 06:34:03 PM »
@Crom00:
Some things you may want to consider:

* The original Async-SRAM chip is not available. And I don't see any reason to use two, when all the required ram will fit in one chip.

* Capacitor & Resistor package sizes are not detailed anywhere. My educated guess is that they are 0805 however.
(using recommended 0805 & 0605 solder pads and compare with pcb layout)

* Try to use RoHS components and solder to avoid legal problems with customs or enviromental authorities. In essense it's forbidden to sell any consumer non-RoHS complient device. Unless you can accomplish some exception, like telecoms equipment. Violations to this law may incour hefty fines.
Anyone using lead solder at home for repair or private purposes will have no problem.